Chapter 23 | Attack

Peetas POV

Slowly I wake up by the sound of chirping birds. I smile when I realize I'm in the hospital with a sleeping Katniss next to me.

I stretch my arms out and get out of the hospital bed and walk over to my daughter who's still sleeping.

She woke up a couple of times tonight but I managed to calm her down before Katniss woke up.

I take a chair out of the corner of the room and place it next to the cot.

I start to stroke Willow her tummy.

"I love you so much, my little princess," I whisper so I don't wake up Katniss or Willow. "I'm going to protect you from every harm on this earth, just like I do with your mommy. I'm going to make sure nobody will ever hurt you and that you have a better life than your mommy and me ever had."

I kiss her head and get up from my chair to get some breakfast for Katniss.

Katniss POV

I wake up and hear Peeta talking. I slowly open one eye and see he'a talking to Willow.

"I love you so much, my little princess. I'm going to protect you from every harm on this earth, just like I do with your mommy. I'm going to make sure nobody will ever hurt you and that you have a better life than your mommy and me ever had."

My heart melts when he's done. I love him so much. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier.

Peeta gets up and walks out of the room. I hear him walking through the hallway and get up too.

"Hey baby girl," I whisper and take Willow out of her cot. I sit down and softly wake her up because Claire said that if Willow sleeps a long time and hasn't eaten much, I need to wake her up and breastfeed her to make sure she eats enough.

"Hey beautiful," I whisper when she opens her eyes.

Her big blue eyes stare at me for a couple of seconds and I just smile and look at her. Then I lift my shirt so I can breastfeed her.

"Hey beautiful," Peeta says when he walks into the room with a tray of food.

I giggle and look down at Willow.

"Why're you giggling?"

"Oh, when Willow woke up I said hey beautiful, too," I tell him and he sits down in the chair next to me.

"I don't know if I can share those with her," he whispers in my ear.

"Peeta! Stop!"

"I'm sorry, honey. We just haven't had sex in a long time..."

"Uh yeah, I don't know if you noticed but I was pregnant and just gave birth to a baby a few hours ago."

"Wow, I didn't know you would get mad."

"Peeta..." I sigh. "Please, we're tired, I don't wanna fight again. We just became parents, we have to be happy and take care of Willow. Please..."

"I'm sorry, honey. Maybe you should eat your breakfast so we can go home and get some sleep in a comfortable bed," he smiles and give him Willow before I start eating.

---

I put Willow in her crib that's in the living room of our house.

"She's a perfect little baby," Peeta says and kisses my cheeks.

"I know," I whisper and stroke Willow her chubby little cheeks.

"I really hope she isn't like me when I was a baby," Peeta says, chuckling.