Chapter 10 | Guiding light

Katniss POV

Peeta and I get in the taxi which will take us to our beach house for the whole week.

We are very exited! My mom said it is a amazing house! When she lived (A/N: I don't know if I said her mother still lives in 4 but if I did, just pretend she moved to 12) here, she always heard people talking about how amazing the houses at the beach are.

"Please, honey, stop shaking," Peeta says irritated but sweet.

I didn't notice I was shaking with my legs but I stop immediately, "sorry Peeta, but I just can't believe I'm on honeymoon with my very sweet, handsome and loving husband."

Peeta chuckles and kisses me on my lips. Not worrying about the driver.

"Peeta honey," I say nodding towards the man who's the driver of the taxi we're in.

"Don't worry, Katniss and Peeta, you guys saved this crazy world form Snow so you can do what you guys want in this taxi except... uhmm... you know what I mean," the man says.

I smile and thank him.

We have a small talk with him until we are at the house and Peeta and I get out of the taxi.

"O my god... Peeta! This is amazing!" I exclaim. The whole house has a beach style and almost everything is blue, white and a little bit black.

I turn around to see Peeta struggling with the 2 suitcases. I laugh and decide to help him.

Peetas POV

I walk towards the door but I can't really find a way to take two big suitcases with me.

"Oh my god... Peeta! This is amazing," I hear Katniss squealing.

I chuckle and when I almost trip over a suitcase, some very sweet arms stop me.

"Wow, easy babe," Katniss takes one suitcase in her hand and walks as fast as she can inside.

"Thank you for helping me," I murmur to myself.

---

"Sweetie, please hurry up a bit!" I shout from downstairs.

"Coming!"

Katniss runs down from the stairs and when I see her full body jaw my drops a little bit.

(A/N: Katniss' outfit up there 👆👆)

"What's that honey?" Katniss comes closer to me and presses a finger to my bottom lip. "is that... A mouth who wants to be kissed?"

---

Katniss POV

We walk hand in hand through the soft and warm sand of district 4. We both have our shoes in the other hand, the sand feels so soft on my bare feet.

"You look amazing, you know?" Peeta suddenly says.

I smile, "yes babe, I know that. You've told me about 7 times tonight."

"Well all times I did mean it."

"I love you," I say and take his face in my hands.

"I love you more," he kisses my lips and rests his hands on my hips. Firework explodes through my whole body.

Every inch of my body feels like its on fire.

I can't believe Peeta does that to me. I mean, I never had any thoughts about loving him until that special night on the beach. That night made me love him in the way I do now.
Even though I didn't know it back then. I do know now.

The orange of the setting sun becomes darker and a fireplace on the beach lights up.

I suggest to go there and Peeta agrees.

When we arrive by the fireplace, are there some people singing, playing on the guitar and just sitting watching and listening to the others.

I decide to sit next to a guitar playing boy with brown hair and Peeta sits next to me.

"Oh my god! You are Katniss and Peeta Mellark!"

I nod, "nice to meet you."

"Me too!" he says. "Should we play and sing a song for you guys?"

Peeta and I look at each other.

"That would be lovely," Peeta says and the boy starts playing along with a boy who sings.

(A/N: the song is called: Guiding light :))

Well the road is wide,
and waters run on either side,
and my shadow went with fading light,
stretching out towards the night.

'Cause the Sun is low,
and I yet have still so far to go,
my lonely heart is beating so,
tired of the wonder.

But there's a sign ahead,
though I think it's the same one again,
and I'm thinking 'bout my only friend,
and so I find my way home.

When I need to get home
you're my guiding light,

I'm looking at two people on the other side of the fire, a boy and a girl. I think they're about 15 and best friends friends. I see the boy sneaking his hand to hers.
First she looks shocked but then leans her head on his shoulder. They're so cute!

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

Peeta kisses my cheek. I blush and look into his blue eyes which reflect the orange and yellow color of the fire.

"You're my guiding light," Peeta whispers in my ear.

"And you're mine," I whisper back and press my lips to his.

Well the air is cold,
and yonder lies my sleeping soul,
by the branches broke like bones,
this weakened tree no longer holds.

But the night is still,
and I have not yet lost my will,
oh and I will keep on moving 'till,
'till I find my way home.

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

When I need to get home,
you're my guiding light,

Peeta and I stare in each other's eyes, knowing we're each other's guiding light.

---

Everlarkkkk! ❤️

Please say I have any typos! And if you liked it. 💕

I have a question so please answer it if you want 😊:
My birthday is on April the second and I don't know what to ask until I thought about a instax mini 8 (a Polaroid camera). Should I ask that for my birthday? Or something else?

-xx