Chapter 2 | Talk with Haymitch and a plan.

-Peetas POV-

"Katniss?" I whisper andI lean over her peaceful sleeping body, well I think she is sleeping. To check if she's really asleep I give her gentle kiss in her neck.

She doesn't move so she's really asleep.

I smile and sneak out of bed. I hope she doesn't hear me because I want to make breakfast for her. I put on a vest and sweatpants and then walk silently downstairs.

When I'm downstairs I start to make pancakes and set the table.

---

Satisfied I look at the result. Two plates with pancakes, two glasses of milk, and I've changed the flowers on the table.

I walk up the stairs to the bedroom. I squat down to Katniss and caress her cheek, "Katniss, Sweetheart. Wake up. Wake up."

She mumbles something unintelligible.

"Katniss? Sweetheart... Wake up, otherwise I have to get Haymitch here!"

"Uhu... I love Haymitch too..." she murmurs.

I laugh. It's so funny when she talks in her sleep. And it is also very convenient because she never lies.

I give her a kiss on her cheek and shake her gently back and forth.

''Ugh, stop...'' she said irritably.

''Come on Katniss... I made breakfast."

She opens her eyes slowly, "Peeta... I want to stay in bed. I have a headache..." she moans.

I nod, "Okay, sweetie. Want a rice cake with cheese?" I smile.

She nods.

---

I put a glass of water and a plate with two rice cakes with cheese on the nightstand. "I love you, Katniss," I give her a kiss on her temple. "If you need anything, you can call Haymitch. I'm at Haymitch' home. "

"Okay ..." she murmurs.

I press a kiss on her cheek, "I love you, honey. Sweet dreams."

---

"Haymitch! Open the door!" I beat on the door of Haymitch' house.

"Ugh, Peeta. Calm down dude." Haymitch does sleepy the door open.

I step inside. Ew! Alcohol and rotten food.

"Haymitch, you have to clean your house!" I say.

"Only if you help me."

"After a conversation. You know, man to man ..." I sigh. He nod, "where do you want to talk about?"

We walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

"Katniss..." I sigh.

"Oh no... Not that subject..."

"That?" I chuckle.

"Oh dude, Katniss is not only a person but also an subject. Just like liquor. Every kind of drink has a different taste, just like Katniss. She has a thousand different sides."

I sigh, "somewhere you are right. But to compare Katniss to drink is also a bit far-fetched, Haymitch."

He chuckles, "well, it is both an addiction. Liquor mine and Katniss yours!"

I look on Haymitch and then shoot both in a laugh.

"All right," laughs Haymitch. "About Katniss so, tell."

"Let me just go straight to my point. I want to marry her," I say quickly.

"Uh ... And why do you say that to me?" he asks. "Because..." I sigh. "Because I do not know how to tell her."

"Just... Yeah... uh..." Haymitch is thinking. "Dear boy, I've never asked somebody for marriage, and I think that will never happen, but you can go to the woods with Katniss, have a picnic and then if you have to go down on one knee?''

"Haymitch. That's the best idea ever!" I smile broadly.

"I am now once great," he says sarcastically. But he's right. He's great. He is like a father to me and Katniss both.

"I know, Haymitch! ... But I need to get a ring!"

"Then you do that?"

"Haymitch. Would you do one thing for me?"

"Yeah?"

"Make sure Katniss the next two hours is not around the shops or in the woods. Or with me. Then I love you more than anyone else, but not more than I love Katniss," I say quickly.

"Is good, bread boy!"

"Haymitch, please, do not call me bread boy. Katniss says something like that, okay. But you? No no no!" I chuckle

Haymitch chuckles, "Okay, but hurry up. I am watching to the girl who was on fire!"

I run outside. The Victorsvillage out and the city in. Looking for an engagement ring.

---

I did it!

I have the rug outspread at the lake that Katniss has shown me a few weeks ago. She says it is special to her because she always used to come here with her father, so I want to make it even more special for her.

Proud I look at the picnic rug.

I have the rug laid in the grass next to the water. In the water I float candles. In the trees I hang small lights. Hopefully she like it.

Time to pick up my beautiful Katniss.

---

Hey! Sorry I have not updated for so long, I was a week away :(

I hope you like it

xx