Baby

The final part of Day or Night

TW - Blood

In her next therapy session, Charlotte sat in the familiar chair, her fingers fidgeting in her lap. Her heart pounded as she prepared to share the news she hadn't told anyone else except Mia. Her therapist, Dr. Peterson, was sitting across from her, pen in hand, as usual, waiting patiently for Charlotte to speak.

Taking a deep breath, Charlotte finally said, "I'm pregnant."

Dr Peterson's eyes widened slightly, the surprise was evident. "Wow, Charlotte. That's... that's big news." She leaned forward a little, her voice soft and steady. "How are you feeling about it?"

Charlotte swallowed hard, her mind racing with all the feelings she had been wrestling with. "I'm scared," she admitted. "Really scared. Especially because of how it happened." She paused, her hands clenching together as she continued. "But I want to keep the baby. Despite everything, I... I want to give this baby a chance."

Dr. Peterson remained quiet for a moment, allowing Charlotte to process her emotions. Then she spoke, her voice gentle. "That's a very brave decision, Charlotte. You've been through so much, and it's completely understandable that you're scared. But the fact that you've already thought about this, that you want to keep the baby, shows a lot of strength."

Charlotte looked down, her throat tightening with the emotions she had been holding in. "It's just... everything feels so overwhelming," she whispered. "I didn't even know I was pregnant until the doctors told me after the assault. And now... I don't know how to deal with this. I'm terrified of what people will think, of what it'll mean for my life. And... I don't know if I'll be a good mother. Especially with the way the baby was conceived."

Dr. Peterson nodded, her expression thoughtful. "It's normal to feel uncertain and scared. You've been through something incredibly traumatic, and now, with this pregnancy, it's bringing up a lot of difficult feelings. But Charlotte, you don't have to do this alone. You have Mia, your friends, and the people who love you. And you have me, every step of the way."

Charlotte blinked, at the mention of Mia pulling her back into the present. Mia had been incredible, more supportive than she could have ever asked for, but Charlotte hadn't even told her about her decision to keep the baby. She hadn't shared the full depth of her fears yet, the thoughts that plagued her at night.

"I haven't told anyone yet... not even Mia," Charlotte admitted softly. "I'm afraid of what she'll think, of what everyone will think. This baby... it's not something we planned, and it's not the way I ever imagined becoming a mother."

Dr. Peterson's expression softened. "It's okay to feel that way, Charlotte. But you should also know that it's okay to lean on the people who love you. Mia cares about you deeply, and from everything you've told me, she's been there for you through the hardest moments. She'll want to be there for you through this too."

Charlotte nodded, though her chest still felt tight. "I know. I just... I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want people to feel like they have to fix this for me. But I also don't know how to do it on my own."

"You don't have to do it on your own," Dr. Peterson reassured her. "This isn't about fixing anything—it's about support. It's about making sure you're okay and that you're not carrying this burden by yourself. You have the right to feel scared, but you also have the right to hope. To think about what this baby could mean for your future, despite the pain that brought you here."

Charlotte's eyes filled with tears, and she quickly wiped them away. "I'm just trying to figure out how to hold onto that hope," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "But I do want this baby. I want to love them. I just don't know if I'm ready for it."