Honeymoon

Spicy

Mia and Charlotte had been counting down the days to their honeymoon for what felt like forever. After months of wedding planning, the stress of finalizing the adoption process with Jemma, and balancing work at the nursery, they were more than ready for a break. They wanted a week to themselves, to just be together without any distractions. It was going to be their first real getaway since their wedding, and both of them couldn't wait to soak it all in.

As they packed their bags in the early morning hours, Jemma sat cross-legged on the bed, watching them with a mix of curiosity and sadness. She understood that her mommies were going away for a little while, but it was still hard for her. Charlotte could see it in her eyes.

"Mommy, why do you and Mama have to go?" Jemma asked, her little voice laced with a hint of worry.

Charlotte paused, turning to sit beside her daughter on the bed. She gently brushed a strand of hair away from Jemma's face and smiled softly. "Sweetheart, Mama and I are just going on a little vacation. We'll be back before you know it."

"But I'll miss you," Jemma said, her lower lip quivering as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

Mia joined them on the bed, wrapping her arm around both Charlotte and Jemma. "We're going to miss you too, Jem. But Auntie Steph is going to take such good care of you while we're gone. You'll get to spend time with Jean-Luc too. Doesn't that sound fun?"

Jemma sniffled but nodded slowly. "Yeah, but... can I call you every night?"

"Of course," Charlotte said, kissing the top of her head. "Every single night."

They spent the next few minutes reassuring Jemma, reminding her of all the fun things she could do with her Aunt Steph while they were away. By the time Steph arrived to pick her up, Jemma seemed a bit more excited. She hugged both Mia and Charlotte tightly before leaving, making them promise once again to call her every night.

As the door closed behind Steph and Jemma, Mia let out a small sigh of relief, though she glanced at Charlotte, a little frown pulling at her lips. "I already miss her," she said.

Charlotte smiled, wrapping her arms around Mia's waist. "Me too. But this is our time, just for us."

Mia nodded, a soft smile spreading across her face. "You're right. I've been looking forward to this for so long."

They finished packing their bags, checked that they had everything, and soon they were off. The plan was to head to a quiet, secluded resort by the beach—a place that promised long stretches of sand, calm waters, and endless peace. It was exactly what they needed after the whirlwind of the past few months.

The moment they arrived at the resort, the tension in their shoulders melted away. Their bungalow overlooked the ocean, and as they opened the doors to the patio, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore filled the air. Mia immediately kicked off her shoes and wandered onto the deck, her eyes bright with wonder.

"This place is perfect," she said, turning to look at Charlotte with a wide grin. "I could stay here forever."

Charlotte laughed as she set down her suitcase. "I was thinking the same thing."

The week unfolded with a dreamlike quality. Every morning, they'd wake up to the sound of the ocean, and after a leisurely breakfast, they'd walk along the shore, hand in hand, feeling the sand between their toes. They spent their days lounging by the pool, sipping tropical drinks, and reading books they hadn't had the time to open in months. In the afternoons, they'd venture into the nearby town, exploring little shops, trying new foods, and immersing themselves in the local culture.