Press Confernce

Chapter 3:

Madison's POV

I turn over and turned off my alarm that was going off. Today is the press conference and everyone will know Dale is retiring after this season, and I will be taking over in 2017.

I get out of Chase's grasp and walk over to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, along with my JRM shirt. I slip into bathroom to get dress and do my hair and makeup. After that I put my dirty clothes in my laundry basket, and then went to go wake up Chase.

"Chase it's time to wake up. We have to leave in 45 minutes." I say lightly shaking him. Chase rolls over and smiles.

"Nice to wake up to such a beautiful face." He says.

"Aww stop it." I say as I blush at his comment. Chase gets up and gets his clothes from his duffle bag. He goes into the bathroom and I walked downstairs, Amanda was already up and making breakfast.

"Smells good." I say sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"I try." Amanda laughs.

"Hey when do you guys have to leave?" She asks.

"Umm about 40 minutes." I reply.

"Okay good this will be done by then." She says. I take my phone out and check Twitter to see what's going on and stuff.

@KaseyKahne: Happy to announce @KaylaKahne are proud parents to a beautiful baby girl, Gracelyn Kahne.

A/N- for those who read my Kasey Kahne fanfic this is a whole other storyline than A New Beginning. Enjoy the rest of the chapter!

She was so adorable!

@MadisonBlaney: Congrats @KaseyKahne and @KaylaKahne ! She's beautiful! If you ever need a babysitter you know who to call ;)

I post the tweet and continued looking through.

@HendrickMotorsports: Press Conference at 10 eastern time. It will be streamed live on Fox Sports 1.

@Blaney: Counting down the days until I marry @CeceliaLarson ! Only a week left!

@BlaneyFan8: If @MadisonBlaney tweets me back this will be the best birthday ever! I'm such a huge fan!

@MadisonBlaney: Happy birthday! And thank you so much for your support! I really appreciated it!

"Boo!" Chase says making me jump.

"Oh my god you scared me." I say.

"What's happening on Twitter?" Chase asks sitting down next to me.

"Umm Kasey and Kayla had their baby, Hendrick announced the press conference, Ryan is counting down the days until his wedding, and I just wished a fan a happy birthday." I reply putting down my phone.

"Wow, a lot is happening." Chase laughs.

"Breakfast is served." Amanda says putting our plates in front of us with eggs, bacon, and some French toast.

"Thanks Amanda." I smile.

*30 minutes later*

I wash off my plate and headed upstairs to get my shoes and a light jacket. I grabbed my shoes and sat on the edge of my bed, beginning to put them on.

"Ready to go?" Chase asks.

"Yeah let's get going." I say standing up.

"Bye Amanda!" I call.

"Bye! Stay safe you two." Amanda says.

"We will." I reply opening up the door. We both walk out and Chase closes the door behind him. We both hopped into Chase's truck and began to one hour ride from Kernersville to Charlotte.

*skip car ride*

"We're here and just in time." Chase says parking is truck. I look at the clock and it was 9:45 and bit earlier than I expected. We both get out of the truck and started walking to HMS.

"Hey Kelly." Chase says as we entered into the building.

"Hello Chase any hi Maddie." Kelly smiles.

"Hi." I smile.

"Everyone is meeting up in Rick's office before the press conference starts." Kelly says.

"Thanks." Chase says. We walk through the 5 and the 24 shop and Chase stops at the sight of crews working on a 25 car.

"I wonder why they're working on that." Chase says.

"Weird." I say. Chase shrugs and we exited out out of the shop and turned into the hallway towards Rick's office.

"Come in."

"Hey guys." I say walking in.

"Okay we're all here so let's go to the conference room." Mr. H says. We walked down the hallway a little ways and entered into the conference room. Cameras started flashing and the TV cameras in the back started following us. Mr. H sits at the end then it was Jimmie, Kasey, Dale, me, and Chase at the other end.

"Thank you all for coming out today. All of us appreciated taking your time off of your busy schedules." Mr. H says.

"First off like to welcome Chase to Hendrick Motorsports, and hope he will have a successful full time season in the 24 car." Mr. H adds.

"Umm I was approached by Dale many months ago, and when he came up to me I knew something was wrong. He sat me down and said that he has been thinking about retiring after 2016. Dale has made the decision himself and after this season he will retire." Mr. H says as you could hear everyone gasp in the room even Kasey, Jimmie, and Chase.

"What's going to happen to the 88?" A reporter interrupts.

"That is where Madison comes in. Madison will be taking over the 88 in 2017." Mr. H says. Again everyone gasps and Kasey, Jimmie, and Chase all look at me.

"Questions?"

"Yes, I have one for Madison. When did you hear about Dale's retirement?" A reporter asks.

"Dale and Mr. Hendrick came up to me when we were at Darlington." I reply.

"Was this before or after you heard Dale collapsed and you had to fill in for him?" Another asked.

"It was about an hour before I was informed I would be driving the 88." I say.

"Mr. Hendrick, will Madison be doing part time driving in Sprint Cup this season?"

"Yes, she will be driving the 25 part time. We have not discussed what races, but as soon as we finger it out we'll tell you. I've talked to sponsors and NAPA has agreed to sponsor both the 24 and 25 car." Mr. H says.

"Madison what do you have to say about all of this?" Another reporter asks.

"Dale will never be replaced, he's an amazing driver, friend, and boss. It would be a true honor to drive the 88 in 2017. I hope to do my job well this year, but especially next year for the teams and for Hendrick Motorsports." I reply. For the rest of the conference reporters asked questions to some of the others.

"That's all we have time today, thank you all for coming out." Mr. H says.

Now everyone knows that I will be taking over the 88 in 2017...

A/N- Here's another update. I might not be updating for a while, but we'll see. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Comments and votes are appreciated!

-Kay-kk