Kansas Part 2

Chapter 24: Part 2:

Chase's POV

"Would it be okay if I sent a jet to come to pick you up in Alabama?" I ask.

"I would have no problem with that. But why?"

"I was thinking about proposing to Madison today."

"What? Really? That's great Chase! Yeah, send a jet over!" Erin says in excitement.

"Alright, it's on the way. See you soon."

"Yeah, you will!! Bye!"

She hangs up, and I also called Dale to send the JRM jet to Alabama. He questioned it, but I didn't say anything that would give it away. My mom snaps me out of my thoughts, and starts pointing to something.

"Huh?" I ask walking over.

"What about this one?" She says pointing down at a ring. I look closely and it was perfect. Wasn't too big, but wasn't to small. It was simple, and I knew that was what Madison wanted. A worker came over and helped get the ring out of the case. "She'll love it." Mom smiles. I pay for it, and then we were out of there. Before we went back to the track, mom and I went out to lunch.

"Honey, you're not breathing." Mom says hitting my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not surprised." I say nervously taking a deep breath. Our waiter comes and takes our order, and then leaves to get our drinks.

"Don't be nervous. She'll say yes." Mom replies.

"Man, I hope so." I reply. Mom points to the TV, and I turned towards it seeing Maddie getting interviewed.

"I'm here with Madison Blaney. Who will be starting in the back of the field with a back up car. This weekend you topped first practice, fifth in second practice, and then you spin out. You have a fast car here, but what is your strategy to get up to the front?" Kelli asks.

"Stay smart on pit road, and just stay out of trouble. We have a fast car, and I believe we can easily finish in the top ten. The qualifying incident was on me. I owe one to the team. They worked their butts off to get this back up car ready." Maddie replied.

"Being last year's winner here. How do you look at today's race with the points standings? Not to mention, only three races left on the schedule with Erik Jones right there behind you?"

"I'm going to say what I say every week. I look at this one like every other race. It's just a regular race, and I try not to think of the points too much. Cause I know if I start looking at points, I'm gonna end up making a mistake. That's gonna end up costing us if I do."

"With eight season victories look for Madison to be strong in this race. Possibly making it nine victories here today."

"She reminds me of you." Mom says. "She's just so mature. Just like you."

Madison's POV

"Please rise and remove your hats. As Minister Michael Jenson gives today's invocation." The announcer says.  "Let us pray." He says. As soon as the invocation ends a pair of arms wrap around my waist.