Daytona

Chapter 5:

Madison's POV

"I'm with Madison Blaney who just won the pole for the Xfinity race today. You guys have had a very fast car this weekend. Do you guys think you have a car to beat today?" Jamie asks.

"Yeah I'm actually pretty confident we do have a car that can win. The guys at the shop changed the set up a bit, and it's worked great ever since." I reply.

"Before qualifying you and your crew chief, Kenny Lows, had a very long talk about the race today and the track conditions. What is the game plan today?" Jamie also asks.

"To stay smart on pit road, clean stops, and I guess the main thing is to stay out of trouble. Daytona has not been so kind to me in the past, but no matter where we end up and the car is in one piece that's a win to me." I say.

"Better watch this number eight team, because so far they're having a great start to the season." Jamie says closing the interview. I won the pole, Erik Jones got second, Daniel Saurez third, Bubba fourth, Dale fifth, and Regan got tenth.

Yesterday some of the NASCAR officials showed me some of the safely improvements they made. I think Daytona is a lot more safer than it was than last season. Hopefully the improvements they made will help the drivers to be more safe in their cars.

Well this year is gonna be different for me. I'm running full time Xfinity, but part time Sprint Cup. Mr. H and I decided I would do Cup races at Martinsville, Richmond, Charlotte, Indianapolis, and Darlington which is the same as Chase's Cup races from last year. Also Ryan gets to run his first full time Sprint Cup Schedule this season which is pretty cool along with his teammate Cody. Laia ended up winning the Sprint Cup Championship, and she gets to keep her ride this season which is really cool too.

"Guess who." Someone says covering my eyes.

"Umm Ryan?"

"Nope! Guess again."

"Umm Erin?"

"No silly! Do I sound like a girl to you?"

"Umm Regan?"

"Nope. Guess again darling."

"Is it Chase?"

"Correct!" Chase says uncovering my eyes.

"Good job winning the pole." Chase says putting his around around me.

"Thanks, and congrats on qualifying tenth! Not bad." I smile.

"Thanks. Ready to win back to back championships?" Chase asks.

"I don't know the competition is getting a lot harder this year with Erik coming full time and Ty still here." I reply. Erik Jones got a full time Xfinity deal and he won 5 races last year on a limited schedule, it's gonna be quite a season. Especially for JRM having two full time drivers it has usually been three not counting the 88.

"True, I'll still love you either way." Chase says kissing the top of my head.

"Aww." I blush.

"Hey Ryan!" I call out.

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" Ryan asks walking over.

"How come Cecelia didn't qualifying her car?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Oh umm that." Ryan says.

"Well... Cecelia is kinda pregnant." Ryan laughs nervously.

"Really! That's great news Ryan!" I say excited.

"Congrats man." Chase says.

"Thanks, I feel bad though. Cecelia was planning going full time Sprint Cup, but she can't now." Ryan says.