Heartbreak

Chapter 9:

Madison's POV

*skip to Iowa (May race)*

Today we are in Iowa! The guys have once again brought an amazing car this weekend. There's no doubt this car is gonna win today, but we're gonna have to beat the 33 of Austin to win. Kenny says everyone is expecting me to win today. Austin won the pole like he always does. I got second, Regan third, Erik fourth, and Ben Rhodes fifth.

Anyways, Sprint Cup has this week off, but Chase couldn't make it he has meetings and press conferences he needs to attend to. We both understand our schedule are different, and I can't make it to some of his races either.

"How's my sister doing?" Ryan says walking up putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Pretty good, would be better if Chase could've made it. What about you?"

"Ah nothing much. Oh hey, I got you a present." Ryan smiles.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's in your motor home. So you'll have to see for yourself." Ryan says.

"Okay fine." I sigh.

"Well I better go, wife calls." Ryan says as he looks at his phone. Cecelia has a doctors appointment tomorrow to see how the baby is doing and hopefully know the gender and see if there's more than one. She's five months pregnant now.

"Alright I'll see you later." I smile.

I finish a couple things up and decided to head back to my motor home. Mostly because I'm curious what Ryan's present is. I pull out my keys and unlocked the door and closing it behind me.

"Hi beautiful." Chase smiles standing in front of me.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here? I thought you had meetings today." I say hugging him.

"Mr. H let me leave early to come see you race." Chase says.

"I'm so glad your here." I smile pulling out of the hug. Chase smiles and gives me a kiss. After he pulls out, I smile brightly hiding my feelings. Something didn't feel right, it wasn't the same. I don't know, but there was something missing.

"Your imagining it Madison" I thought. I shake it off and Chase and I just hung out until the race had to start. Every time I looked at Chase, well he just wasn't the same guy I saw a few days ago. There was something he needed to tell me, but he was holding it back.

"Umm Chase can I ask you something?" I ask getting out of his grasp.

"Yeah. What's up?" He asks.

"What's wrong? Ever since you got here you've been acting differently." I say looking down. I hated these conversations, every time we have a conversation like this someone always seems to get hurt.

"Umm, can we talk about this after your race?" Chase asks looking down.

"No, we need to discuss this now. Whatever it is its really bothering you. What's the matter Chase?"

"I've made a stupid mistake." Chase says avoiding all eye contact. This is strange for Chase. He is never like this.

"I cheated." Chase says looking at me with tears filling his eyes. My heart drops as my mind goes crazy with all these thoughts.

"Maddie." Chase says as I get up and walked out of the room.

"Maddie." Chase says a bit louder. He grabs my arm and I jerk it away.