Kansas Part 1

Chapter 24: Part 1:

*Recap*

"I would like to ask you for Madison's hand in marriage." I nervously added. Lisa and Dave both look at each other.

*end of recap*

Madison's POV

"It's torn." I come through the radio.

"We have to go to a back up car then." Kenny frustratedly replies. I drive through pit road, and turned to go to the garage. I stop the car in front of the hauler, as the team began to unload the back up. I get out and helped out the crew a bit and they took the back up car to the garage.

"Hey, are you okay?" Chase asks coming from behind.

"No, I just torn up a car." I mumble. He rubbed his hands up and down my arms, attempting to calm me down. I helped with the crew once Chase left for final practice.

"Maddie, go relax. We'll get this done, don't worry about it." A crew member says. I don't say anything, and walked out of the garage. I head over to Chase's motor home. I turn on the tv and changed it to Sprint Cup final practice. 

'Chase Elliott to the top of the board! What an amazing time he put in!'

I smile and walked to the back. I get changed into normal clothes and watched the rest of practice. After it was all over, I changed it over to a different channel. Chase ended up topping final practice, Dale second, and Dylan third.

"Hey darling." Chase says walking in.

"Hey! Great job in practice." I smile.

"Oh so you watched." He smirks.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Oh nothing." He replies as he walked back to the bedroom. I sit up and followed him to the back. I really didn't know what he meant by that. "What?" He says trying not to laugh.

"What did you mean by that? Of course I watched. Why wouldn't I?"

"Darling, I'm just messing with you. Calm down." He laughs. I cross my arms and gave him a look. "Oh come on. You still love me, and you know it." He replies walking closer.

"Alright, you got me there." I reply wrapping my arms around his waist, giving him a hug.

"Hey, are coming to Talledega next weekend? Or are you just staying home?" Chase asks.

"I have to come to Talledega, cause I'm in the truck race." I reply taking my fire suit out of the closet. "I totally knew that." Chase says walking out of the room to answer his ringing phone. I change into my fire suit, and walked out putting my hair in a ponytail.

"Yes. Alright, thank you. See you soon, bye." Chase says hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"My mom. She wanted to meet up with me for lunch before your race." Chase says.

"Alright, you heading out now?" I ask.

"Yeah, my mom is waiting back at the hotel. Don't worry I'll be back before your race." Chase says messing up my hair.

"I know you will. Tell your mom hi for me." I reply fixing my hair.

"I will. Bye, I'll see you later." He gives me a kiss, and grabs his hat, keys, phone, and wallet and leaves. I grab a water bottle and decided to head towards the garage. As I approached the Xfinity garage, I see Mr. Hendrick and Dale talking with Kenny.

"Hey guys." I say walking up.

"There she is." Dale smiles.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Well, we got the 88 car for next year that'll you'll be driving. We were wondering if you could join us on Race Hub to reveal it." Mr. H says.

"Yeah, I would love too!" I reply. I've seen the car last week, I believe. It was a pretty good looking car for sure. One thing is that we are keeping it a surprise for Dale.

"I wish I knew what it looks like." Dale says.

"We'll you'll finally find out on Monday." I laugh.

Chase's POV

I didn't lie to Madison. I was actually going to lunch with my mom, but I just didn't tell Madison the whole story. My mom is actually going to help me pick out an engagement ring for Madison too.

"So when are going to pop the question?" Mom asks.

"Umm I don't know yet. I thought about doing it at the end of the season, because there is no doubt she's gonna win the championship. Yet, I really wanna do it today, because I can't wait any longer." I reply looking down in the rings cases.

"Maybe if she wins today. You should do it then in victory lane." She replies.

"That's actually not at bad idea. I just need to figure out what I'm going to say." I laugh. "If I going to do it today, I'm gonna have to fly Erin out." I say grabbing my phone out. I dial Erin's number, and she picks up instantly.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey Erin, it's Chase."

"Oh hey Chase? What's up?"

"Are you busy today by any chance?"

"Nope. I'm just gonna be in my dorm watching the race. Why? What's up?"

"Would it be okay if I sent a jet to come to pick you up in Alabama?" I ask.

"I would have no problem with that. But why?"

"I was thinking about proposing to Madison today."

A/N- Part 1 done! I'll try to get part 2 down this weekend! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've been busy with school, work, and planning to go to a couple more races before the season ends. And not to mention spending over 580 dollars on 5 Seconds of Summer tickets for their tour next year... But it's totally worth it!

Comment and votes are appreciated! I would absolutely appreciate your feedback! Sorry for any mistakes!

Thanks for 3k! You guys are the best!
-Kay-kk