Championship Weekend Part 1

Chapter 28 Part 1:

Madison's POV

"Come on Brittany." I whispered to myself. "Only three laps to go." Those two laps felt like eternity.

"One lap to go!" Emma yells over all the noise. I nervously start to pace back and forth. BMS in their first season, in the place to win a championship? That's seem almost impossible.

"BRITTANY BUSCH WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN HER ROOKIE YEAR!"

"Yes!" I cheer as I hugged her crew chief. As Brittany did her burnout, I climbed down from the pit box. I ran over to Chase's, and Chase and Emma were already getting Ryan in his wheelchair.

"Does he know?" I ask.

"Nope. For the last ten laps I kept him busy. I wanted to keep it secret." Emma says. "Alright, he's all set to go." I grabbed the handles and began to push him towards the track. We entered into the gate, and got into the track. Crews and drivers stopped to say congratulations, and other kind of stuff.

"It's been such an amazing year." Brittany says doing her interview for NBC. "And if it weren't for these guys, I don't where I would be." She adds as I pushed up Ryan. "Madison and Ryan believed in me from the start. These guys gave me a chance, and I'm so great full."

"One last question Brittany. Who are you routing for tomorrow?"

"Oh that's easy! Madison all the way." She replies. After the interview, Mike Helton presents the Championship Trophy. Krista Voda comes onto the stage and interviewed Brittany, me, the crew chief, and a couple others. Mr. Helton presents her championship trophy, and boy was I a proud owner that night.

**Next Day**

"With only five points now separating Madison Blaney and Erik Jones, it leads us all on the edge of our seats. Both have had amazing seasons this year, but one has really stood out. Madison Blaney's seasons has consisted of nine wins, 15 top fives, 25 top tens, 1 DNF, average finish of 2.0. Certainly a more successful season than last year. My questions to you guys is, will Madison go for her second championship in the Xfinity Series?" I hear as I zipped up my fire suit. I take a deep breath, and stared in the mirror for a moment.

"You can do this Madison." I say to myself out load.

"I really do think this team got what it takes. This team has been here since Madison's rookie year in the Truck Series. This team has won three championships in a row, and I'm sure they will make it four tonight." Dale Jared replies.

"Listen, I love Madison Blaney. I've been a huge fan ever since her debut in the Truck Series, but I think Erik Jones is going to do it. This team has been amazing throughout the course of the season. They may have half of the wins Madison does, but they bring a fast car each weekend, and they finish each race strong."

"Whatcha thinking about?" Chase asks wrapping his arms around me.

"Everything." I sigh.

"Hey, don't be nervous. You'll do great, and so what if you don't win? You have a spot in the Cup series and he doesn't. I'll still be proud of you either way. Champion or no champion." He says.

"You always know what to say. Thanks. I needed to hear that." I smile.

"That's what I'm here for." He says hugging me. "You ready to go?" I nod. As we headed to pit road, Chase took his hand in mine. I don't know what I would do without his support. I am extremely lucky. I know I say that a lot, but I really am. I regret nothing in my past. It scares me to think if I would've done one thing differently, I probably wouldn't of met him.