Michigan

Chapter 13:

Madison's POV

[June Race]

Well, it's been an interesting two weeks. Last week was Dover, and I would say I got a decent finish, tenth to be exact. Not the day we were hoping for, we believed we were a solid top five car. Erik ended up winning, and he now has three wins, while I have four. Erik is now only 29 points behind me, we were dominate through the beginning of the season, then it kinda faded away. Believe me when I say I've seen a lot of Hannah lately, she comes to the tracks all the time. She kinda gets on my nerves, and Chase? Yeah, I'm pissed at him, but he doesn't know that.

"Alright it's go time now." I mumble as Erik takes the pole, moving me down to second. Second isn't a bad start, but I would rather prefer first.

"It's alright guys, we're getting there. We'll get that win soon, maybe today." Kenny says trying to cheer the team up.

"We'll get them." I say.

"Hey Madison, nice job on qualifying." Hannah says walking by with Chase.

"Thank you." I say. She smiles and walks away with Chase, as they walk towards the garages I see Chase quickly glance over at me. I roll my eyes and turn back my attention over to something else. I sit down on the pit wall and just watched as the Cup cars were getting ready for their practice.

"Don't let them get to you." Bubba says walking up behind me

"I thought when I cleared everything up with him, well I guess I expected us to get back together again." I sigh.

"He's an idiot for moving on, nobody should do that to you. He made a stupid mistake, and soon he'll come crawling back to you." Bubba says sitting down next to me.

"Probably." I say, thinking.

"What are we talking about?" Ryan asks walking over.

"Just about our race." Bubba replies. If Ryan knew that Chase moved on, Ryan would blow up and go do something stupid.

"Oh cool, I'm sorry to here you got second." Ryan says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's fine, I guess. We'll get Erik in the race." I shrug.

"Come on Ryan!" Cody yells.

"Okay, I gotta go. I'll see you guys later." Ryan waves.

"Bye." I wave back back.

"Shake it off girl, don't let it get you down. I wanna see you go for another championship. Don't let Chase get you down." Bubba says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, you are right." I admit.

"Now, I need you to promise me something." Bubba adds.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"I need you to win this race, and kick Erik's ass." Bubba chuckles.

"I'll sure try my best." I laugh.

"That's my girl, I gotta go. I'll see you in you bit." Bubba says.

"Okay." I smile

*Skip to race*

"Good luck today, if anyone can win today it is you. Let's have good and positive day here." Kenny says as I warmed up the tires.

"Thanks guys, keep those pit stops clean. Let's get that win we've been waiting for." I reply.

"Alright, pace car is off." Kenny says.

"Ready, ready, ready, ready. Go, go, go!" Tyler says. I shift into gear and start to get up to speed.