"The Truth Unfolds"

Stell woke up drenched in sweat, his heart pounding in his chest. The dream he had was so vivid, so real—it felt like Ken was alive, holding him, apologizing for everything. But was it truly just a dream? His mind raced as he lay in bed, trying to make sense of everything that had happened. The grief, the confusion, the overwhelming sense of loss—had it all been for nothing?

He sat up, the morning light streaming through his window. As he wiped the sweat from his forehead, a tear slowly slipped down his cheek. "Maybe Ken only showed up to greet me… maybe he went back to Jesus," Stell whispered to himself, the thought causing his chest to tighten.

But then, the door to his room creaked open.

"Good morning, love," a familiar voice called out softly.

Stell froze, his heart stopping for a moment as he looked toward the door. There, standing in the doorway with a plate of food in his hands, was Ken—alive, smiling, and very much real.

"You're… alive?" Stell stammered, his voice barely audible as his mind struggled to comprehend what he was seeing.

Ken chuckled, placing the plate on the bedside table before walking toward Stell. "Yes, Langga, you're so silly," he teased, his smile soft and warm as always.

Without another word, Stell threw himself into Ken’s arms, hugging him so tightly it was as if he feared Ken would vanish if he let go. Tears streamed down Stell's face, his body trembling from the overwhelming relief that coursed through him. Ken was alive. This wasn’t a dream. This was real.

Ken, sensing Stell’s distress, gently stroked his hair. "What's wrong, Langga?" Ken asked, his voice filled with concern.

Stell pulled back slightly, his tear-filled eyes locking onto Ken’s. "Don't leave me again, Langga," Stell pleaded, his voice shaking with emotion.

Ken cupped Stell’s face in his hands, his own eyes softening as he wiped away Stell’s tears with his thumbs. "I’m so sorry, Langga. I never wanted to hurt you like that. I had to do something, and that's why I faked my death. But I’m here now, and I’m never leaving you again. I promise."

Stell’s heart swelled with relief, but there was still confusion lingering in his mind. "You keep saying you needed to do something," Stell said, pausing as he gathered his thoughts. "What is that ‘something,’ Ken? What could’ve been so important that you had to make me believe you were dead?"

Ken sighed, leaning back slightly as he gave Stell a playful smile. "It’s a secret, love. You’ll know soon enough," he winked, causing Stell to feel butterflies flutter in his stomach, the familiar sensation of Ken’s charm working its magic.

Stell, however, wasn’t fully satisfied with that answer. He stared at Ken for a moment before setting his breakfast plate down. "Do they know?" Stell asked, his voice quieter now.

Ken blinked, confused. "Who, Langga?"

"Our friends… or your family?" Stell clarified, the question heavy on his mind.

Ken nodded, his expression turning more serious. "Yes, Langga. They all know."

Stell’s heart sank a little at that. "So I was the last one to know you were alive?" he asked, his tone tinged with frustration and hurt.

Ken sighed, looking down at the floor for a moment before meeting Stell’s gaze again. "Yes, Langga, you were. And for that, I’m really sorry."

Stell felt anger flare up in his chest. He had been left in the dark, grieving while everyone else knew the truth. "Why, Ken? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?" Stell’s voice cracked with frustration as he pushed Ken away, his emotions all over the place.

Ken, sensing Stell’s anger, immediately pulled him back into his arms, wrapping him in a tight hug and resting his chin on Stell’s shoulder. "I’m sorry, Langga," Ken murmured, his voice filled with regret. "I didn’t mean to hurt you. I had to make sure everything was in place before I told you. I needed to protect you, to protect us. Please, forgive me."

Stell stood there, frozen in Ken’s embrace, his heart battling between anger and love. Slowly, the warmth of Ken’s arms began to calm him, and the weight of the past weeks started to lift. He loved Ken more than anything, and despite the hurt, he couldn’t bear the thought of being angry at him for long.

"Just promise me one thing, Langga," Stell whispered, his voice barely audible as his tears began to fall again.

Ken loosened his grip slightly, pulling back just enough to look into Stell’s eyes. "What is it, Langga? I’ll promise you anything."

Stell lowered his gaze, his heart heavy with vulnerability. "Never, ever leave me again," he said, his voice thick with emotion.

Ken’s eyes softened as he gently tilted Stell’s chin up, forcing him to meet his gaze. "I promise, Langga. I’m not going anywhere. Ever."

The weight of Ken’s words settled over Stell like a comforting blanket, and for the first time in weeks, Stell allowed himself to believe that things could be okay again.

Ken leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Stell’s forehead, holding him close. "I’m here, love. I’ll always be here."

The rest of the afternoon passed in a quiet, peaceful haze. They spent hours wrapped up in each other, enjoying the warmth of their presence, as if trying to make up for all the lost time. The sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow through the window as they lay on the bed, their fingers intertwined.

For Stell, it felt like the world had finally righted itself. The pain and the darkness that had consumed him were slowly fading away, replaced by the overwhelming joy of having Ken back in his arms. It didn’t matter what had happened in the past. All that mattered now was that Ken was here, alive, and with him.

As they lay there, their heads resting on the same pillow, Stell couldn’t help but glance over at Ken. "You’re really not going to tell me what you were planning, huh?" Stell asked, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Ken grinned, shaking his head. "Not yet, love. But trust me, you’ll find out soon enough."

Stell rolled his eyes playfully, snuggling closer to Ken. "You’re so annoying sometimes, Langga."

Ken laughed softly, kissing the top of Stell’s head. "I know. But you love me."

And despite everything—the pain, the confusion, the heartache—Stell knew that Ken was right. He did love him, more than anything in the world.

As the evening faded into night, Stell felt something he hadn’t felt in weeks—hope. And for the first time since Ken’s “death,” Stell truly believed that everything was going to be okay.

Hii po, it's your author Kiez, I am dearly sorry for updating late, I am super busy with Acads, it may be weeks til my next update but it will be sulit. Thank you for making my story reach to 3k readers never would have imagined this, THANKK YOUU POOO
- author