|002|Kinich

Please vote, comment, and follow for more!! <33

The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the colorful landscape of Natlan

The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the colorful landscape of Natlan. I walked alongside Kinich, feeling the soft breeze brush against my skin. We were on a mission to gather herbs for a potion we needed, but the day felt so nice that it was hard to focus on anything but the moment.

"Look at this place," I said, glancing around at the vibrant flowers and tall trees. "It's beautiful out here."

Kinich nodded, a small smile on his face. "Yeah, it really is. Perfect for finding the herbs we need."

As we walked deeper into the woods, I spotted a cluster of bright blue flowers peeking out from under some bushes. I knelt down to get a closer look, feeling a rush of excitement. "These are perfect for the healing potion!" I exclaimed, carefully plucking a few of the flowers.

"Good eye," Kinich said, looking at me with a mix of surprise and admiration. "I wouldn't have noticed those."

I felt a flutter in my chest at his compliment. "Thanks! I've been practicing my herbal identification. Maybe I could teach you some things," I suggested, looking up at him with a smile.

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "I could use the help. I'm not all that good with plants. You know I'm more of a fighter than a healer."

I laughed, picturing Kinich swinging his claymore around. "True, but you're strong and brave. You have a certain... finesse with that claymore of yours."

Kinich raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk appearing on his lips. "Finesse, huh? I'll take that as a compliment."

Just as I was about to respond, Ajaw suddenly appeared, leaning against a nearby tree with his arms crossed and a mischievous grin on his face. "What's this? Kinich flirting with flowers now?" he teased, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

My cheeks heated up as I shot Ajaw an annoyed glance. "We're just gathering herbs, Ajaw. It's not like that at all."

Ajaw chuckled, clearly enjoying his role as the instigator. "Oh, I don't know. It looks like a date to me. You two are practically holding hands over those flowers."

Kinich shot Ajaw a sharp look, but I could see the corners of his mouth twitching upward. "You're ridiculous, Ajaw. Just because we're collecting herbs doesn't mean we're in some romantic stroll."

"Sure, sure," Ajaw replied, waving his hand dismissively. "But if you two want to keep pretending that you're not head over heels for each other while picking plants, be my guest. Just don't come crying to me when you realize you're both hopeless."

I couldn't help but laugh, even as my face felt warm. "We're not—"

"Sure you're not," Ajaw interrupted, a teasing glint in his eyes. "But I'm here to keep you both grounded. Someone has to remind you that this isn't a fairy tale."