V3 - Chapter 11: Trust

"Well Ayanokoji, do you know me?" Sakayanagi's question hung in the air.

My classmates all watched in great interest, wondering what I would say.

"I only met you here in ANHS, other than that, I've never met you in my life."

Sakayanagi smiled sadly and said "yes, I suppose that is quite true. There is no way for you to know me."

"Does that mean you knew him before ANHS?" Kushida asked.

"Hm...I wonder?" Sakayanagi said vaguely.

"..." Kushida stared blankly at Sakayanagi.

"I believe that will be all for now, I believe all of you should consider my words carefully."

Sakayanagi returned to her seat. My classmates were left in silence from Sakayanagi.

"Ayanokoji...you truly don't know her?" Horikita asked.

"Is there any reason to lie?"

"I suppose not..."

Then, the classroom door flew open. Ryuen stood at the entrance.

"Kukuku! So it's true, you decided to play with the trash of Class D," Ryuen smirked at Sakayanagi.

"Play with the trash of Class D? Don't you think that's rather rude to them?" Sakayanagi asked.

"Kukuku, you're right, trash at least has more use than these defects."

"Ryuen...do you need something from the class?" Kushida asked with a smile.

"Not with the class, rather, I have business with X."

"X? I don't believe he's in our class," Kushida said.

"You may be right on that, it's something I've been thinking about myself. However, I know X's AI listens in on this classroom."

Ryuen's words caused the screen at the front of the class to flicker on. The mini avatar of X was shown.

"Is there something you need, Ryuen?" X asked.

"I think I found a way to get to you."

"Oh? And why are you telling me this? Wouldn't surprise be more effective?"

Ryuen's smile grew larger.

"Wouldn't it be even more humiliating if you lost after being warned?"

"I see, you intend to humiliate me?"

"Correct."

"And how do you suppose that would work? Someone like you is completely inferior to me."

"That will be your downfall cocky bastard."

"Is that it? I fail to see anything different about you, you're the same failure you were before."

"Kukuku, always quick with putting others down."

"I thought you were about to make another innuendo."

Ryuen's smile disappeared and an enraged expression formed on his face.

"That is not what I meant!"

"Sure. You can say whatever you want, we all know it's true."

Ryuen gritted his teeth.

"I see your AI has become more annoying."

X shrugged his shoulders and said "of course I changed. It's normal for everything to change, I guess that's what makes you so special."

"Kuku, you bastard."