SINFUL - 33

"Oi Raheem. Did you know your boy's been piping that Anna yat?!" Adeola glanced from Trent to Raheem then Kobe with a look which was a mixture of aggravation, amusement and disbelief. "Faaaam, do you know how much work man's been putting in with her, nah I'm burning your bridge!" He kissed his teeth, causing Kobe to laugh casually as he observed the creases on his forehead.

"You're too thirsty Ade." Raheem displayed a slight look of distaste.

"Init! I can't deal with this guy!" Trent chuckled, smoothing down the waves of his hair as he leaned against the side of Adeola's car.

"Have you seen her back though? Nah, I'm hurt...this actually hurts. Kobe, I hate you!" He squealed, clutching his chest. Raheem simply shook his head at his friend.

"One man's treasure is another man's whore." Kobe shrugged, Raheem's jaw instinctively twitched. He vaguely recalled where he'd heard that expression not long ago, the thought caused anger to bubble within him. "Go through if it's that deep."

"After you ran through that? Nah man." Adeola shook his head vigorously. "That's kind of skatty."

"Don't try and act like you're not considering it, you skatty yout!" Trent burst into laughter as he analysed the expression on Adeola's face, he knew him too well.

"Ayyy shut up fam!" Adeola replied jokingly, "But real talk Kobe, you're a champ. I rate that."

"I learnt from the best still." Kobe's neutral expression was laced with amusement as his eyes darted towards Raheem.

"I am not involved." Raheem lifted up his arms in surrender. "Leave me out of it b!"

"True say, Raheem used to finesse the tings on ends thougggggh!" Trent started smiling cheekily as he teased Raheem, they all knew full well such talk was likely to p*ss him off.

"Allow it, I'm a good yout."

"Why you getting all defensive for?" Adeola enquired.

"I'm not."

"Raheem, you used to go in though. Moving like Prince..." Kobe laughed at the look of disgust on Raheem's face as he regarded him. Kobe leaned against him, and patted him on the chest. Raheem simply kissed his teeth, looking down into his car, of which he had left the driver's door open. He picked up his phone that he had thrown unto the dashboard earlier and decided to busy himself with it, so he wouldn't have to continue to entertain the conversation. Raheem blinked rapidly when he saw the notification, showing him that Cynthia had called him twenty minutes ago. He slid into the driver's seat as he unlocked his phone. Reflecting on the things that had happened previously, Raheem's initial thought was to ignore it; but then curiosity began to claw away at him. The sound of his friends' banter became an audio backdrop as Raheem pondered on why Cynthia called him. Then it occurred to him that he could be blowing the whole thing out of proportion when it really was not a big issue.

He leaned over to grasp his car door, unlocking his screen and calling her back in one swift motion. He slammed his door shut as he held the phone to his ear and listened to it ringing. He was conscious of his friend's overhearing whatever this conversation would end up being which was why he closed the door.

"Where are you?" Raheem raised a brow at Cynthia's curt impatient tone.

"Cynthia?" He questioned, her blunt tone had evidently taken him by surprise. Plus she and Andrea had similar voices; he wanted to ensure it wasn't his girlfriend using her sister's phone.

"Yes, where are you?" She repeated abruptly.

"I'm with the mandem, what's going on?" Raheem was steadily growing anxious by the second.