SINFUL - 11

ANDREA

I smoothed down the hairs on my head that were out of place as I looked into Prince’s floor length mirror. I peered into the reflection and watched Prince sitting at the end of his bed, his boxers poking out of the top of his jeans. His phone to his ear, the sight of his sleeve tattoo drove me wild. As did the build of his shoulders and the way he spoke. I slipped on my trainers that were situated beside his wall of trainer boxes, and sprayed myself with Victoria’s Secrets mist before I attempted to leave. I was about to hug Prince when he stretched his arm out at me, my open palm was meet by the bundle of 20 pounds notes he dropped into it. I smirked and he mouthed a bye as he continued his conversation.

It had always bothered me that Prince never kissed me, no once.

Not ever.

But I never said anything about it to him. Every single time, after being with him I forced my mind to go blank. I couldn’t face my conscience; I didn’t want to dwell on my immoral actions. Anger would rise within me like an uncontrollably tide, I seethed at the thought of those who would be hurt by what I was doing.

Raheem...Cynthia.

And yet when I closed my eyes I could feel Prince’s breath lingering behind me with his face so close to the back of my neck that I found it difficult to breath at a regular pace. I would feel his light kisses on my neck, his presence demanding my body to respond to him. His rough voice commanding me.

My kryptonite.

“Andrea you’re testing my patience.” I soon as I stepped out of their door, Kobe grabbed my upper arm as I stumbled into him, and he closed the front door behind me. I rolled my eyes and tried to push him off me. Kobe’s nose was slightly red from being out in the cold, even in the dark and with his hood securely over his head I didn’t miss the expression on his face.

He was livid.

It was rare for me to see Kobe like this because he was a genuinely nice boy but lately he’d changed towards me. Evidently, it was the fact that he’d caught on and realised I was having s*x with his older brother. He pulled his hood off his head and commanded my attention. His thick eyebrows furrowed, I stared at the freckles that speckled arose his small nose and cheeks. I noticed how much he didn’t look like Prince; their only familiarity was how small their eyes appeared. But I still didn’t miss the brightness of Kobe’s eyes, they could unknowingly send shockwaves through you; they were stunning. Kobe had always had a baby face especially bearing his height in mind. I had never been close to him when we were in secondary school; he had been quite reserved and was closer to Cynthia. But things changed when we got to sixth form and I started dating Raheem, we grew closer and I really thought of him as my friend. It burnt me how he was now looking at me like he hated me.

“Kobe...get off me.” He refused to loosen his grip.

“You’re taking the p*ss, didn’t I tell you to stop this sh*t. How can you do this to Raheem? My brother don’t even care for you!” I sensed his frustration when he pushed me against the brick wall. At the mention of Raheem’s name I felt small. “I’ve been snaking him...I should have already told him that he wifed a j bag.” Kobe paced along the balcony, scratching his head. He glared at me and looked away as though I was a grotesque creature. “Listen to me, this is the last time I’m ever gonna see you here. You and Prince are over, if I hear anything about this continuing I’m gonna tell Raheem.” He had me so close to the wall that I was forced to look him in his eyes; I swallowed and nodded my head. He moved back indicating I could leave. Even though Kobe was getting under my skin, no one intimidated me more than Prince however; Raheem’s heart was on the balance I didn’t want to take the risk of breaking it so I had to heed Kobe’s warning.