SINFUL - 50

"Huh?" Cynthia ignored Kobe and simply rushed past him, avoiding their bodies making physical contact as well as their eyes locking. In that instance, she couldn't stand being close to him. Cynthia could only imagine his questioning gaze as she breezed by. "Cynthia?" He pulled her back marginally by her arm, confused by her actions as well as her sudden coldness towards him. Cynthia tensed abruptly, she really didn't want to show any emotion while still in Kobe's presence. She snatched her arm away and out of his grasp so quickly that he was alarmed. "C, what's wrong?" He spoke in a low voice, his words filled with uneasiness and worry but his expression was deadpan. As she walked away from him briskly, Kobe allowed her to because he knew she needed to cool off. Yet, he was somewhat rattled by what had just transpired between them. He cleared his throat, feeling awkward as he processed that Cynthia had really just walked out in that manner. He recollected a look in her eyes that was foreign to him, Kobe's brows furrowed as he wondered what he could have possibly done wrong.

He picked up a few more boxes from the front room and took them down to the van, as he trudged down the stairs, Cynthia was playing heavy on his mind. Kobe sighed as he pushed the boxes deeper into the van making space for the ones he was yet to bring down, he couldn't wait for them to finish moving as the whole process was exhausting.

"Oi, where's my five pounds then!" Kobe turned behind him and watched Reece pop a wheelie before slamming his bike back down onto the pavement and then stopping close beside Kobe. He couldn't believe the young boy's boldness, he was barely 12 years old. Kobe had promised him five pounds to watch the van as he was constantly going up and down and was unable to keep a firm eye on his belongings himself.

"Did I tell you I was finished?" He kissed his teeth but watched Reece with an amused expression, watching as he securely gripped the brake on the right hand side of his bike. 

"Fam, I beg you just run me my ps." He demanded, holding his considerably chubby hand out.

"What...sorry?" Kobe blinked repeatedly, he was still trying to comprehend Reece's audacity. "You're like 5, can you go and sit down somewhere." He threw his hand up in his direction and turned back to what he was doing with a playful snarl on his face.

"Ahhh! I'm joking, I'm joking." Reece began to laugh but stopped when Kobe looked back at him with a blank expression.

"Watch yourself init." He replied bluntly.

"Kobe, you know you're my boy man, I got you."

"Just watch my stuff..." He shook his head, trying not to laugh or encourage the little boy's antics. "Jarring yute." He mumbled. 

Kobe could decipher K-Trap's signature plosive speech rapping over a diabolical instrumental, he peered up the block to where the music was coming from. He could see Prince's BMW whizzing towards him at a ridiculous speed, the car was booming intensely due to the level of the volume. He stopped abruptly, parking a short distance from where the van was situated then Prince hopped out of his car, looking and smelling expensive.

"Ah, mad." Kobe was a little astonished to see that his brother wasn't looking so grubby and rough like he usually did. He knew Prince was always focused on his money, he couldn't care less about his appearance or what people thought about him. That was one reason Kobe respected him.

"Yo!" Prince approached his younger brother, lifting his head slightly in acknowledgement. He was dressed in a white Balmain shirt and black Balmain jeans. The little facial hair he had had been tamed, displaying his enviable bone structure and his fresh trim made him appear even more handsome and well put together. Prince was still appealing in his every day bummy state but the groomed version was even more desirable.