SINFUL - 74

"Hold on, why the heck are you in a mood with me?" Cynthia cut her eyes at Kobe, noting how belligerently he had slammed his car door as he climbed back in. He barely looked at her before throwing the bottle of water onto her lap. He was clearly agitated and his whole mood was pissing her off. 

"Just leave it man." Kobe gripped the steering wheel, his nostrils flaring as he responded sharply.

Cynthia took a breath, processing his unnecessary attitude and trying to calm herself down before she added fuel to the fire. She subtly rolled her eyes; instead of thanking him for the water he had just purchased for her from the corner-shop, she looked towards the window on her side of the car. They were parked on a main road somewhere in Lewisham, the car purred as the engine was still running but they remained stationary. Cynthia popped the pill out of the packet and took a few large gulps of the water.

"Nah let's talk," Cynthia pressed him. "what exactly is your problem?" She knew Kobe would be a little surprised by her manner and she couldn't have cared less.

"My problem?" He scoffed in bafflement. "Ahh Cynthia, I beg you don't piss me off." His eyebrows creased together as he held the right side of his temple. 

"I've clearly already done that so let's talk about it." She curtly responded.

"But I said leave it." He sighed deeply, maintaining his stoic measured tone.

"How can I Ieave it when you are acting a way? Like, do you really expect me to ignore your behaviour? You know I won't Kobe, you know that." Cynthia countered, glaring at Kobe as though he said just said the silliest thing. 

Kobe stole a glance in her direction, before allowing his head to rest against the leather head-rest. Once again exhaling heavily and dragging his palms down his face. The fact that he was behaving like Cynthia was stressing him out was only infuriating her further, she literally could have slapped him. She nibbled on her edge of her bottom lip and crossed her arms as she awaited his explanation. "I-" He huffed in hesitation. "I told you from before that I need to go and see Raheem before visiting hours are up and you're telling me to drive you to another borough? Like big man ting, you couldn't even show a little bit of consideration. By the time we even get back to yours, it will be pointless even going." Kobe's eyes were low and his eyebrows remained furrowed as he leaned against the car's window ledge. 

"Seriously?!" Cynthia almost shouted, kissing her teeth as she eyed his stupid handsome face. Their eyes collided as Kobe glared back at her from the corner of his eyes. "I already explained that I didn't want to go anywhere local, it's embarrassing." She spat. "I had no idea we would have to go this far out, like what the fuck!" She propped her body forward, throwing him a dirty look.

"It's done now." Kobe shrugged; she already knew from his tone that he no longer wanted to discuss it but Cynthia didn't care. She was literally sick and tired of their poor communication lately.

"Not gonna lie, if you used a condom in the first place we wouldn't even be here right now." She added cheekily. "So instead of blaming me, take some accountability please."

Kobe turned to her slowly; the expression on his face was a mixture of bewilderment and annoyance. "Oh swear?" He nodded his head in mock understanding. "Say nuttin."

"You actually asked for it, like the situation has been rectified. I've got the pill now and taken it but you still wanna sulk, like I don't get it." 

"Ok, so you're actually about gonna piss me off in a sec." Kobe's eyes darted towards her, his expression was stony. "One, I literally said leave it." He uttered bluntly. "Two, no one said I wasn't taking accountability so don't fucking come at me with that angle. Finally, I just said the reason I was annoyed was cus I wanted to go see Raheem. If you fucking cared you wouldn't be chatting to me the way you are." Kobe looked disappointed and hurt as he removed his attention from her face and focused on the young boys walking into the chicken shop to his right instead.