SINFUL - 54

Kobe had a subtle expression of irritation on his face but inside he was so pleased to see her. He just wasn't sure whether or not to let his guard down and expose his true feelings to Cynthia. "Ah mad, not gonna lie I can't really talk right now." He scratched his head laboriously. "I've...kinda got company." Cynthia was caught off guard by what he had just said but had somehow managed to compose herself, although she was screaming internally. She was breathless for a moment. She wanted so badly to ask if it was Anna but her pride wouldn't let her. Neither of them were going to see her sweat. "Maybe another time yeah?" Kobe avoided her eyes as he shuffled past her to open up the front door. Cynthia pursed her lips together as she too turned towards the door, waiting for Kobe to open it up. She was absolutely livid, not just at Kobe but more so at herself. She couldn't wait to leave so that she could release the tears that were quickly rising as her chest heaved with anger.

Cynthia's eyes squinted with bewilderment when she heard Kobe's high pitched laughter behind her. She glanced back at him to see his eyes disappear into his cheeks as he leaned against the frame of his front door. "I'm playing man...nah, your face is actually killing me!"

"Are you stupid or are you mad, which one?" She exhaled deeply, in relief as well as annoyance. Cynthia threw Kobe a filthy look as she tried not to shiver from the harsh wind that was blowing.

"Come here man, I was only joking. No one is here."

"You're such an irritant." She rolled her eyes at him, attempting to abstain from smirking because she was genuinely still heated.

"Stop being silly and get inside, C." Cynthia stayed put with her arms crossed, causing Kobe to step outside in his socks and pulled her into the house with him. "I'm sorry," He sniggered, "I just couldn't help myself."

"That wasn't funny." She kissed her teeth.

"I know, I know. Chill, C." Cynthia's eyes dropped to her sides and she realised that Kobe still had her hand firmly clasped in his. The realisation caused her heart to thud rhythmically, putting her at ease with a quickness. She found it soothing how he was rubbing the skin on the back of her hand with his thumb. Cynthia silently lay her head on his bare chest and dropped her clutch bag so she could wrap her free hand around his waist. A content smile formed on her face when she felt Kobe's chin rest on the top of her head and him squeezing her tight. She closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of his body heat while detecting the faint scent of weed and his shower gel. Kobe reeled back from her a little so that he could see Cynthia's face but they were close enough that he still held her. As comfortable as she was being in his arms, Kobe still managed to cause her to breath unevenly, his adorable eyes were now trained on her; making her gulp due to his silent intensity. Although his expression remained neutral, Cynthia knew Kobe well so she could sense that he was holding back from saying something.

She felt an instant coldness when Kobe stepped out of their embrace, bringing her short moment of pleasure to an abrupt end. "I can smell them patties, hmm." She watched as he breezily made his way into the kitchen. His Adidas tracksuit bottoms were hanging loosely on his tall, slender frame, exposing the waistline of his Burberry boxers. Cynthia picked up her clutch bag and followed him, saying nothing as her throat still remained dry.

"Want one?" He gestured towards her as he glanced at them from the container his mother had left them in, Cynthia nodded. "Oh rah, they're still warm." Kobe grabbed a plate for her and placed one on it then handed it to her. Her eyes scanned around the voluminous kitchen, taking note of the polished black marble interior and matching tiles. Kobe picked Cynthia up in his arms and sat her on the middle of the kitchen's dining worktop, even though she could have easy sat on one of the high leather stools. Cynthia was fully aware that he just wanted an excuse to get a good hold of her thighs but she allowed him to, hiding her smile behind her hand.