SINFUL - 71 (Part III)

"Can't you speak?" He scoffed quietly, shaking his head but still not even glancing in her direction. Cynthia was silent, she knew anything she said would surely incriminate her. The dreadful thing was, her silence was doing the same thing. "You must have or else how would you know which flat he lived in." Kobe's utterance was more of a statement of reasoning, clearly he had already made his mind up. "How would you know that Cynthia? Tell me how?" She sensed his sarcastic tone; Kobe inhaled deeply before exhaling then pausing as though he was about to say something else. But he didn't however, he kept his eyes fixed on her, waiting for Cynthia to crack. The silence was beginning to suffocate Cynthia, almost leaving her breathless. She became nervous, shy and panicked all at once. Her chest heaved, Dave's Purple Heart began to play as Kobe dragged his eyes away from her.

The disappointment was too vivid in his expression.

The loud vibration of Kobe's phone was her saviour as she was diminishing under his gaze. They both peered over to his screen to see Lola calling him. "It's cool, say nothing. We're gonna talk later." Kobe picked up his phone and gestured towards the door for her to leave. From the tension that was now suspended in the air as she climbed out of his car, it was evidently not cool. Kobe attempted to quickly displace his frustration before answering Lola's call. He made sure Cynthia was safely inside her house before tearing his eyes away from her front door.

"Oh Kobes, thank God." Lola sighed dramatically, relief apparent in her tone. Kobe's eyebrows creased with premature agitation, he knew he would grow even more annoyed if Lola had only called him to rant. He really wasn't in the mood to offer his usual listening ear as she droned on. "I need a proper super big favour bestie." In reality, Lola just needed his help. He knew he was on loud speaker as he could sense that Lola was standing a distance away from her phone, preoccupied by something.

"What do you want Lo?" Kobe responded bluntly.

"A super big favour please." She repeated cautiously, from Kobe's deadpan tone Lola could already distinguish that he was getting irked with her. 

"Not being funny but am I your man?" He kissed his teeth.

"Don't be cheeky Kobes, you know you're my second boyfriend."

"Since when?" He scoffed. "Just tryna sweet me, but for what though?" Kobe inquired.

"Since forever Kobesss." She sang playfully. "Umm, are you ok?" He clearly wasn't.

"Where's Shaydun though? Like, in all seriousness?" Kobe disregarded her question and Lola allowed him to. She had known Kobe long enough to know he couldn't be pressured into speaking about his feelings.

"I've literally given him 101 things to do, Kobes I need you." She insisted.

"Ahhh Lo." He grumbled, scratching his chin and not saying anything else. They both knew he would crumble and Lola would get her way like she always did.

"Pleaseeee!" She pleaded, Kobe could easily imagine the expression on her face. He sighed, they also both knew full well that he couldn't say no to her.

"What do you need?" He kissed his teeth for a second time, feeling as though he'd regret asking her that.

"So the decorator has had a family emergency and I'm losing my head because we were meant to have the chairs and tables at the venue tonight. There's no time to get it all done tomorrow! Like, this is actually all going pear-shaped! I'm gonna need someone to pick up the chairs tonight-" She blurted.

"From where?" Kobe interjected curiously.

"Hatfield." She muttered.

"Ay Lo, that's mileage you know! You're lucky I love you cus you got me running through petty like its nothing." He quipped.