SINFUL - 12

When I got home, I went straight to the kitchen because I smelt fresh food as soon as I stepped into the house. I then chilled in the front room with my mum and Anthony for a while. When I grew bored of watching TV, I was in the dining room on my laptop while on FaceTime to Noelle. We both played Stormzy’s latest YouTube at the same time and expressed our opinions on it.

“I’m telling you he’s next to blow!” Noelle was bopping her head along to his rapping as her large purple messy bun that was piled on the top of her head shook.

“He’s too sick man, that flow was mad.”

“I got gassed!”

“Same!” She laughed. “I’ve got to go though, Maths work to do.” She rolled her eyes. “Catch you a college, mwah.” I reminded her that she was going to put my hair back into braids for me during the week before ending the call.

“Bye.”

 I was walking in the hall when I saw that Andrea was going out. Sometimes I am unable to control my emotions and they reflected through my eyes because I saw the shock on her face and her smile fade when she saw my expression. It amused me slightly. She grabbed her jacket and left the house, it was late and I knew she wasn’t going to see Raheem so my guess was she was off to see Prince.

I soon grew tired and went up to my bedroom. There was a slight bump in my duvet and a few toys scattered on my floor.

Why hadn’t my mum or Anthony mentioned that Kye was here? I smiled as I pulled back the duvet slightly and watched him sleep with his thumb in his mouth. Kye was the cutest thing ever; I could gawk at him for ages. As I watched him sleep, something suddenly dawned upon me; I stared at him at little as I pondered on that thought but I dismissed the thought as I kissed his head. I yawned as I crept around my room and changed into clothes that I could wear to bed. I heard my mum and Anthony come upstairs to go to bed. I was tired too. Andrea didn’t know it but I always stayed up until I knew she had returned home.  Even though I couldn’t stand the sight of her she was still my sister and I loved her with all my heart.

It was almost midnight when she decided to come home, Andrea had mastered how to close the front door with little sound but my ears were sharp. I was just relieved she was home so I could sleep.

I couldn’t get Raheem out of my head as well as all that I had come to discover today. I really admired him, he had so much strength, not only this but the fact that he was going through a struggle and he didn’t turn to a life of crime. He could have easily been brought into that world by Prince but instead he had a legitimate job and actually behaved like education was important to him. That caused me to respect him so much more. But it was also what hurt me the most, Raheem was a good guy, Andrea truly didn’t deserve him. The more I forced myself to sleep, all I could think of was him, he fascinated me.

So much lay behind those brown eyes.

I felt the urge to pull down my knickers, spread my legs wide and indulge myself with his image in my mind. But I looked to my left and saw Kye sleeping peacefully and forced the filthy desire out of my mind.

“Roaaaaaar!” From the time he’d woken up and had eaten his breakfast Kye hadn’t yet run out of energy. I remember when we had just met him, Anthony was constantly apologising for his son’s behaviour, now that he was like family it was the norm. That made me smile. My mum laughed as he slid along the kitchen top with his toy dinosaur in the air.

“Kye get down now! You’re gonna hurt yourself!”

“Daddy!” Kye shouted and blew a raspberry, making us all laugh.