SINFUL - 44

Monday morning was a frantic rush for Cynthia, as she had been up late into the night messaging Kobe. She yawned as she peeled open her mesh head wrap and used her fingers to neaten her pixie cut. Her plan had been to wake up early and make an extra effort for college that morning, although she didn't know much about makeup she had intended to apply some eyeliner and mascara. As time wasn't on her side, she settled with making sure her hair looked good. When Cynthia heard the front door shut, she knew Andrea had just left which confirmed to her that she might actually be late for registration. She hastily grabbed her bag, checking that all the books she needed for the day were inside as well as her essentials before looking at herself one more time in the mirror. As she left her house and made her way to college, the churning in her stomach remerged. Understandably, Cynthia felt jittery; it was a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Although they were in consistent communication, she constantly craved Kobe's presence but at the same time she dreaded going into college, as she knew it would be like Chinese whispers concerning her and Temi. Kobe and Cynthia had already agreed to carry on as they usually would and refrain from showing public displays of affection. They were together a lot of the time in college so it wouldn't be obvious, Cynthia was happy with their decision as she didn't need people in her affairs and it was just easier to keep it private. Besides, there was more than enough drama going on and she knew this was just the beginning of it all. At the same time, she wondered if she would be able to keep her hands off him in public as with every passing moment, her affection for him was blooming rapidly. The immature side of her wanted everyone to know that they were talking, just so all the thirsty girls would back off. She failed to let Kobe know this because she didn't want to come across as insecure. Cynthia also truly hoped Andrea would keep quiet about her and Kobe and wouldn't go blabbing about them to her friends because soon enough the whole of sixth form would know. Hopefully, Andrea had learnt her lesson in regards to gossiping about people.

Cynthia found herself racing towards her registration class just as the final bell was about to go off, she walked into the classroom just in time. She wasn't too shocked to see that Kobe wasn't at registration because he was often late to college. She braced herself as she felt an array of eyes on her, wondering if this was how her whole week would continue. To her surprise, as she was leaving for her first lesson of the day two girl in her registration class approached her. She was cool with them but they barely said more than 'hi' and 'bye' to one another, today they took the time to compliment her new haircut and comment on how much it suited her.

The day was running a lot smoother than Cynthia had anticipated, nevertheless, she was still on edge. She didn't miss the prolonged stares yet she wasn't sure if it was due to her new hairstyle or something they had heard about her.

"What is going on today?" Noelle's eyes swivelled from left to right as they both walked down the hallway after the last lesson before lunchtime.

"What do you mean?" Just as she had responded, three boys from the year above came walking towards them. Noelle and Cynthia recognised them but none of them had ever spoken to them, until today. All three boys lifted their chins slightly in acknowledgement with their eyes mostly on Cynthia before passing by. The girls both looked behind them to see the boys were still watching them.

"That's what I mean!" Noelle giggled. "It keeps happening, are we like...bait now?" She pulled a mock shocked face and the girls began to splutter as they made their way towards the cafeteria.

"Yo, Cynthia!" Cynthia glanced towards the entrance leading towards the outdoor break area to see Adeola hollering her name. She was a tad irritated as he was unknowingly bringing her even more unwanted attention. Was he really this obnoxious?

"Hey." She had no choice but to address him and go over to where he was with Trent, Timmy and some other boys. She already knew Noelle would have a scowl on her face as she couldn't stand Adeola but she had no choice but to follow Cynthia towards him.