SINFUL - 6

It was about 44 minutes into this ordeal when I bumped into Micah, he was hanging outside Footlocker casually eating McDonalds talking to some boys I didn’t recognise. I spotted the bags in his hand, how had he already found me something to wear? He saw me and gave me an annoying smirk, moving the bag into his other hand so I couldn’t even get a peak. I’d gotten his bottom half sorted but I needed a simple enough t-shirt.

Even though I had claimed I wasn’t going to this party, we both knew I was. Part of me was very much excited but I found it so easy to pretend I wasn’t. I knew Micah would find me something nice to wear, I could imagine myself having a really good time at Trent’s party especially now that Andrea and I had sorted out what had happened at college the other week. Things had pretty much been normal. I was telling myself I would make the most of my time at the party, dancing, having some drinks and enjoying myself. I just needed to relax and be less conscious of people around me. The only people that truly mattered to me were my sister and my friends. I thought back to Andrea’s party; I’d spent most of my time swigging on bottles of WKD, observing all the shenanigans going on in my front room.

I was back in Zara buying a black bomber jacket I’d seen but wasn’t sure about getting for Micah. This boy thought he was sly; I was convinced that his outfit was going to cost much more than mine, he was lucky I loved him. I was paying at the till when he sent me a text, telling me he’d left and that I should call him when I’d finished so that I could get my clothes. I rolled my eyes and tucked my phone back into my pocket.

It wasn’t long before I was completely done, I walked out of the local newsagents eating a packet of Wotsits while ringing Micah’s phone.

“Madam, wozzop?”

“Freshie.” I laughed. “Where are you now?”

“Home.”

“For f*ck sake Micah!” I had to go all the way to his house; all I wanted to do was be at home in my bed. The thought of travelling all the way to Micah’s house seemed long but there was no way I would leave it until tomorrow I needed to see what he’d bought now.

“What?” He spoke with his mouth full.

“You’re eating again?”

“That was time ago, plus my mum cooked.”

“I’m there.” I began speed walking to the nearest bus stop. “Is Aunty home?”

“Nah, she just left actually. Just me and Matthias.”

“Yes, my boyfriend is there.”

“You wish. He’s got a girl you know.”

“You’re lying?”

“Big man ting.”

“No, I’m heartbroken.”

“Shut up man, perv.”

“Then again Matthew is still there.”

“Not really he’s at uni studying History, making history with the accumulation of his body count.”

“You’re mad.” I was on the bus spluttering. “I’m on my way though.”

“Ite, see you in a bit.” He cut off the phone before I could even say bye. Idiot.

I was at the very top of Micah’s road when I could hear his loud laughter. I knew he’d be chilling outside with some of his friends; I wasn’t going to be here for long. When I reached Micah, I demanded my outfit while shoving the shopping bags at him.

“Rude.”

“Whatever, bye.”

I couldn’t wait until I got home to look into the bag, there was a black skort and a black top inside; it didn’t look like anything too eccentric or revealing so I was somewhat relieved, hopefully I was still happy when I actually tried it on.  When I got home, I collapsed on the bed and thought about how I would plan my evening. As I ate dinner in my front room, watching the Fresh Prince with Andrea, I thought about all the work I had to do; I knew I should get some done tonight since I was going out tomorrow. After an hour or two, I finally went up to my room, put on my laptop and played some Youngz Teflon whilst doing some coursework. I had other plans to prepare for tomorrow but I ended up falling asleep just after eleven.