SINFUL - 43

Cynthia and Noelle said their grace in unison, before collecting their belongings and leaving the Church by the nearest exit.

"I'm actually so happy I came to Church with you today, Noelle." As they walked to the bus stop, Cynthia was thinking about the feeling she got when she was in that environment. It was definitely something she had missed. She felt rejuvenated and at peace somewhat. 

"Me too, I'm even surprised you came to be honest."

"Yeah well, I didn't have work today and I thought it has been a while."

"I hear what you're saying, and I'm glad you enjoyed the service."

"Yeah I really did, I feel blessed and I'm not just saying that!"

"I'm so happy to hear that! And it's good because now we get a chance to talk properly." Noelle didn't even need to explain herself further because Cynthia already knew what she was alluding to. "It's always a bit different when Lola's around." She chuckled. "I love her to bits but from when she lives her life with no boundaries, she's not exactly the best influence. She'll tell you something is acceptable when it's really not."

"Nah, you're right...and I know that deep down which why sometimes it's easier to confide in her."

"I get it but it depends what kind of advice you want, because you know me. I'm always here to give you the brutal truth, I'm not even going to lie." Cynthia already knew that she had of two choices – to tell Noelle the truth or to take the same approach she'd had taken with Kobe. But things were different today, she had some clarity. At the party she had been so confused about her feelings towards Raheem but now she was certain that she wanted to be with Kobe. Raheem and his problems were no longer her concern. So she decided she would come clean to Noelle and at least hear what her thoughts were on everything that had happened over the weekend.

"How was your date yesterday?" Noelle watched Cynthia wriggle her eyebrows playfully.

"It was really nice actually, he is so cool but I felt like he was doing a bit too much. Like Madison rooftop for a first date? He was in Balmain jeans and low top Future Maison Margielas. It all kind of made me raise a brow because the last thing I want to do is to get involved with a fraud boy or someone like Shaydun, no offence. And plus he's in first year of uni so yeah I don't know man."

"No, I totally get you."

"The conversation was on point and he is proper cute though, so I'll just see how it goes really. I will probably still see him again to get a better feel for him as there was definitely a vibe between us.

"That makes sense, he sounds decent. Where did you two meet anyway?"

"I was in JD one time and he approached me, you know me I don't usually give out my number but the way he spoke to me was just different, it actually made me stop and have a conversation with him. He was charming and funny, with a confidence that I appreciate, I could immediately tell that we would get on."

"Yeah he does sounds nice, keep me updated."

 "Yeah for sure. But anyway, on to you...so what's the real tea?" Even if she wanted to, she couldn't lie to Noelle. Cynthia could barely admit it to herself but the guilt from the lies she had fed to Kobe were already more than she could bare. Plus she could always rely on Noelle to offer her level-headed and practical perspective.

"We might as well walk through the park to your house because I don't need anyone hearing my business."

"Seem like everyone knows your business anyway." Noelle taunted her.

"I can't even deal man."

"Who begged you though?" Noelle sniggered. "Was it by force?"

"Oh, shh man." She pushed her playfully. "Ok, where do I even start?"