♜Checkmate♝ ☾Chapter 43☽

✦-Marshall Lee's POV-✦
✧✧✧A few good nights passed into Marceline being Raven and the place was still super packed! Old fashioned drinks, and cocktails were still flying off the bar. Marceline looked fantastic every night though. It seriously never got old to watch her do her thing. I would see Rose stare at her with blank facial expressions every once in awhile. She looked disgusted to even being a waitress. "Wait, I did tell you right?" I asked Marceline while she sat on the settee taking a break. "Tell me what?" She asked. "Rose is the show girl for this joint." I said. "It's not like I'm taking back my spot as Raven though! It's just for a little while to be Nostalgic. I'm glad she's the official show girl though!" She responded back. "I'm not gonna take her official spot as show girl though! She should know that! I'm just glad I apologized about forget that she even worked here! She said that it wasn't a big of a deal, so I hope she was being serious. I for sure was, but it's on her on how she took it." Marcy said, sounding frustrated. "We'll, it's all on her than. Either way how much longer are you thinking about playing Show girl?" I asked her. So many men had delivered flowers, and I could see some would leave their phone numbers. It pissed me off to the point where I had to take the numbers off the cards. Not because I didn't trust Marcy but because it pissed me off that they would even tried to get with her. She was mine! "I got an idea! I'll make it up to her somehow on my last night! I'll figure something out! A gift, maybe? I don't know? But I'll figure it out!" Marcy said, sounding excited. "We'll, if you need any help just ask me!" I said while taking my glove off to slick my hair back again. "Alright, we'll I'll see you on stage! I gotta go back.. I left David by himself, and I don't want him to die." I joked. Marceline jumped off the settee and kissed me. "Yeah! I promise only like 2 more nights! It'll be 2 weeks from there! Not counting the weekend, so, sounds good?" She asked. I felt relieved! I mean, it was fun but so many men oogled her! It was driving me up the wall! I sighed in relief. "Wonderful! You sure that's alright with you though? Don't think about me in this decision." I said. I mean, I did want this to end soon because of all the jealousy that was building up in me but I knew how much fun she was having! I didn't want to stop that! No matter how much I got jealous. "That's totally alright with me! Trust me! Okay?" She said looking up at me with her hands on my cheeks. I nodded and kissed her. She smiled in the kiss. "Alright! We'll I gotta go! See you later babe!" I said. "Later!" She said after me as I closed the door. Returning to the bar to help David.

✦-Rose's POV-✦
I laid on one of the couches while Derrek massaged my feet and legs. "So many ways to make her suffer! We could put her in a torture chamber! Send her straight to the nightmare realm!" I squealed with laughter while talking about Marceline, and yet so many ways to get rid of her! A few of the other waitors on their breaks were in there with me, plotting, and just talking about methods to make her suffer. "Behead her and put her head on a staff outside of the bar! With a sign that says Ravens most famous words! She'll definitely Welcome people to her show with something like that!" I laughed. All the waitors laughed, and chimed in with more ideas to more suffering. "Rose! Your words of violence turn me on!" One yelled. "Makes me want you more!" another shouted. I bit my lip, and laughed. It was soon before break was over. Too soon for the fun to end. Sometimes if we could sneak away we would. Usually when Madame Thorna was to busy in her office dealing with alcohol purchases, and other buisness things. The other big bosses next door to her were busy with that too. Which meant that Marceline was making sales go threw the roof. Wasn't she so cute! Gross. Weird how she was my good friend, and now I hate her with everything in me. Call me what you might but I was only playing the game. She could join but her chances of winning were slim. I have already won the fight! It's to late Dear Marceline! The fights over! That's when I'll be throwing my glasses indeed!