C10. The Miao Family.

Chapter 10: The Miao Family

Inside the house, Song Yimo quickly entered a website in front of Miao Jun, "Do you know about this, Dad Miao?"

Miao Jun clicked on a few places and looked at it, shaking his head, "I've never seen this before. Is this a story published by someone else?"

"More or less. I'm buying a computer just to write this."

Miao Jun was just an ordinary person, working to support his family was his whole world, and he didn't have much foresight for the future, so he couldn't understand Song Yimo's idea at all.

"Dad Miao, sit down. Let me explain slowly." Song Yimo sat up straight, looking serious, "Let's take the people around us for example. Out of a hundred households, maybe only two households have bought a computer. Many families can afford it, even if they bite the bullet to bring one home, but what do they do with it? Dad Miao, do you only use it when you need it? But this is just the current situation. The more people use computers in the future, the more people will use computers for work. Computers will become lighter and more portable, just like televisions, and in the future, everything will be online, including novels."

Taking a breath, Song Yimo continued, "Do you know that the novels you know are published one by one, from the beginning to the end? This is not the case here. This is a serialized form, writing and sharing with people. The more people read, the better the results, which means more money can be earned. I bought a computer for this purpose."

"Do you want to write novels? What if you invest so much and no one reads them? Also, don't forget that you are currently a high school student. Do you know how heavy the schoolwork in high school is?"

"It won't affect my studies, Dad Miao. Trust me, I will definitely make money. I... I want to earn money to take grandma to the hospital for a check-up. I'm worried that she has a stomach problem."

Miao Jun sat up straight, "Does Aunt Song often have stomach pain?"

Song Yimo lowered her head, shook it gently, and said softly, looking particularly heartbreaking, "I don't know. I have no idea about grandma's health condition. She hides everything from me. I've seen her rubbing her stomach a few times. I'm very worried."

Miao Jun looked at his wife with red eyes at the door, and said gently, "Don't worry, I'll take Aunt Song for a check-up tomorrow."

“Dad Miao, I can't rely on you and Miao Mama for everything. Grandma only has me. As she gets older, her health will only get worse. I'm only in the first year of high school, and I still have to go to college in the future. It costs a lot of money to study for so many years. What if Grandma gets sick again? I know how to write novels online, Dad Miao, I'm confident, and I promise I won't let it affect my studies. I promised Grandma that I will definitely get into a good university."

Miao Jun felt his throat blocked by something, and he couldn't say a word.

Mother Miao wiped her eyes and came in, speaking loudly to cover up the choking in her words, "If Yimo wants to buy it, let's buy it. I will go to the bank tomorrow to withdraw the money, and we'll buy a good one."

If it weren't for this computer being useful to Miao Jun, Mother Miao would have wanted to dismantle it and send it to the Song family right away.

Miao Jun was not surprised that his wife would say such things. Song Yimo's parents met through her, and she has been feeling guilty about it ever since the situation turned out the way it did. Many years ago, she had already treated Yimo as her responsibility.

But now he really couldn't find any words of objection. Yimo's caring heart was priceless, and even if things didn't work out in the end, it was still worth it. Aunt Song's pair of children combined couldn't compare to Yimo's dedication.

Miao Jun was a very traditional person. He had always looked down on the two siblings before, but now, in comparison to Song Yimo, he felt that they were really nothing to be proud of.

"Tomorrow I'll just go withdraw some money."

Mother Miao thought about it, "Then withdraw more money, we don't have much cash at home."

"No need, no need." Song Yimo quickly shook her head, "I asked Dad Miao for help not to borrow money, but to have him talk to Grandma. Even though Grandma would give it to me if I asked, she wouldn't feel at ease. With Dad Miao stepping in, she would feel more reassured."

"You're such a child..." Mother Miao's eyes began to turn red again.

Most children who were too mature were pushed by their environment to be that way. Her daughter, on the other hand, was the image of a typical child of her age who didn't know any better, and that was why she caused so many problems.

"I also have eighteen hundred yuan in hand. Dad Miao and Grandma only need to ask for three thousand two hundred yuan. I went to the computer store and five thousand yuan should be enough."

The couple exchanged glances, and Mom Miao took Song Yimo's hand and asked softly, "Where did you get the eighteen hundred yuan? Did your mom give it to you?"

It shouldn't be that way. Song Aunt clearly didn't mention anything about Song Yi since returning from there. She was obviously heartbroken, and even though she hadn't said anything when giving her so much money, it was clear that she was heartbroken.

Sure enough, Song Yimo shook her head and said, "She didn't give it to me. Mama Miao, you might not believe it, but she doesn't even recognize me when I pass by her. She can treat her own daughter like this, so how can I expect her to care for me if something happens to Grandma."

Mother Miao opened her mouth, wanting to say a few words to help Song Yi, but she was speechless. She couldn't recognize her own daughter, so what else could she say?

Miao Jun was more concerned about where the money came from, "So where did the money come from?"

———
TN:
"Hey there, book lover!

I'm hoping you'll take a moment to explore this novel on Wattpad and Novel Update. A simple vote or comment can make a world of difference in helping it gain visibility.

While this story does feature romance, it's not just about saccharine sweetness. It delves into the complexities of love in all its forms – family, friends, neighbors, and romantic partners.

I believe you'll find a genuine connection with the characters and their experiences. It's a story that reflects the nuances of human relationships and the interconnectedness of our lives. Give it a chance to captivate you!"