C15. Reunion.

Chapter 15: Reunion

As they parted ways at the fork in the road, Miao Zhiruo glanced back at her quiet and peaceful friend. "What do you think of Liu Xing?"

Song Yimo thought carefully, "He doesn't have acne."

Miao Zhiruo rolled her eyes skyward, "I didn't ask you about that. I mean, what do you feel about him?"

"How many classmates in our class don't have acne? Not having acne makes him the best-looking one." Song Yimo swung her legs, looking content. This carefree posture caught the eye of Zhai Muyang, who had arrived from afar. A smile unconsciously crept onto his face.

"The class beauty secretly wrote a love letter to him."

"Oh." Song Yimo responded, belatedly realizing, "Miao miao, do you like Liu Xing? Don't let your parents know, or you'll get in trouble."

Miao Zhiruo felt that she was working hard for someone else, but then thought about it and realized that Liu Xing was the one truly pitiable. She hoped his feelings would fade soon, or else, heh.

"Yimo."

Huh, the voice sounded familiar. Song Yimo got off her bike, turned in a direction, and saw a man standing next to a black sedan. "Mr. Zhai?"

"Fortunately, Yimo still remembers me." Zhai Muyang, dressed in a simple white shirt and trousers, looked even taller and more handsome. His elite demeanor was accentuated by a pair of gold-framed glasses perched on his nose.

"Is she your classmate?"

"Yes, a friend. Miao miao, this is Mr. Zhai."

Miao Zhiruo immediately recognized the visitor and got off her bike. "Hello, Mr. Zhai."

Zhai Muyang smiled warmly but directed his words towards Song Yimo, "Are you going home?"

"Yes, I just finished my midterm today. Why are you here, Mr. Zhai?"

"I mentioned on the phone that I would come to see you. You helped me a lot before, and I couldn't feel at ease without personally thanking you."

Song Yimo shook her head, feeling somewhat embarrassed about the matter. She had rushed into helping him before, but she wouldn't have taken advantage of him if she hadn't been in such a hurry. "I'm the one who feels guilty."

Zhai Muyang didn't argue with her. "I'll be leaving tonight. Do you and Miao miao have time to have dinner with me? I don't know anyone around here and have no idea where to find authentic food."

Miao Zhiruo was about to refuse but Song Yimo stopped her, "I know a delicious place nearby, it may not look fancy, but the food is great. If you don't mind, we can go there."

"Of course, I'm okay with that."

"Let's make a call home first."

Zhai Muyang watched as the two walked towards a nearby phone booth before getting into his car. He could see that Song Yimo was guarded against him, so he decided not to press the matter further.

He had genuinely come to express his gratitude. As long as he could make Song Yimo feel at ease, he would go along with her pace.

However, he had underestimated Song Yimo's cautious nature. She first called her grandmother to inform her they were going to Miao's house for dinner, then called Miao Jun to inform him of Zhai Muyang's visit.

Miao Jun naturally disapproved of them following a stranger. "Where are you? I'll come pick you up."

"Miao Dad, I think we should go. I helped him, and he wants to thank me by treating me to dinner. Going there will clear things up, and from then on, there will be no debts owed. No matter what other intentions he may have, he won't have an excuse next time."

Although Miao Jun was pleased with Song Yimo's forward thinking, he was also reluctant to see her burden herself so much. Such a child was undoubtedly very good, and would definitely have a bright future, but she was living so burdened that it was heartbreaking to watch.

"Can't go too far."

"I know, Miao Dad. I'll take him to the shop in the alley near the cultural center."

Miao Jun nodded silently. The location was good, with plenty of people and lively, ensuring safety. "Okay, I know what to say to Aunt Song."

"Thank you, Miao Dad." Song Yimo looked back and read the license plate number twice. "Did you remember the number, Miao Dad?"

Miao Jun felt more at ease now. "I remembered it. Go on."

"Okay, see you later, Miao Dad."

After she hung up the phone, Miao Zhiruo grumbled, "Is that really my dad? He didn't even ask me."

"I wish he was my dad." Pushing Miao Zhiruo away from the phone booth, Song Yimo said, "I'm going to speak with Mr. Zhai."

As they approached, Zhai Muyang rolled down the car window. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, we just informed our families. It's not far. Mr. Zhai, you can follow us."

"Okay."

There weren't many cars on the road, but once they entered the main road, the speed of the car was eye-catching, forcing Miao Zhiruo to pedal harder. Gasping for breath, she muttered indignantly, "I must order more dishes to make up for the exhaustion of this meal."

"Sure, you can order."

Zhai Muyang propped his head against the car window, one hand on the steering wheel, watching the person swaying their legs with a smile in his eyes. He couldn't explain why, but whenever he saw Song Yimo, he felt happy. He wanted to ruffle her hair, pat her shoulder, even take the heavy school bag off her back like all parents and ask her what she needed, just to fulfill her wishes.

Having such a caring sister would indeed be a happy thing.