Chapter 9: Dates and Flirts

(a/n) Fair warning: if you're my fave in a band, I will embarrass you so much in my fanfics that it won't even be funny anymore. So, Luke girls, shield your eyes. XD

P.S. I've been dabbling in different genres of story-writing, just to see what my strongest suit is. This and "Lyric Locked" are my attempts at humor, "Uni" is drama, etc. One of my new stories is called "Twin Skeleton's Hotel" (yes, like the Fall Out Boy song) and it's a paranormal murder mystery. My other new story is called "Friday", and that's my super romantic/feels story. I've never tried those genres before, so if you could read some excerpts and tell me if they're any good, that would be great. They're temporary for now, but if anyone likes them, I might keep them up. I'll post them as soon as Wattpad stops acting like a little son of a female dog. Thanks for your help!

P.P.S. I celebrated my sixteenth birthday yesterday basically by myself, and I'm 99% sure that no one is going to show up to my lame-arse birthday party. But as long as Luke Hemmings had a nice birthday yesterday, then I'm happy. He and that stupid band saved me when no one else was there, and they deserve the world. And that definitely includes the best birthday parties. So, happy birthday, Luke Hemmings. :) <3

Sorry for this super long author's note, I'll leave you alone now.

"I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner," Allison said as she fluffed up her hair. "What better way to get the boys to fall for me than on a dinner date?"

"You mean a dinner interview," I corrected her.

"Same thing," she said, waving her hand at me carelessly. "So... how do I look?"

There was a reason why Allison had been voted the prettiest girl in the eighth grade. Whenever she tried really hard, she could resemble the goddess of beauty herself. And even when she wasn't trying, she was still stunning. It wasn't fair, and it explained why the entire sixth grade had hated her guts.

Allison was wearing a beautiful strapless pink dress that flowed all the way down her slender legs. There was a cut up one side that revealed her right leg, but that was all. The waistline and collar were bedecked with small jewels and glitter. Her shiny hair had been curled into perfect ringlets, but not too tight. Her makeup consisted of liquid foundation, powder, pink blush, silver eyeshadow, black eyeliner, black mascara, and pink lipstick and lipgloss. She honestly couldn't look more Allison.

I, on the other hand, was her complete opposite. My black dress was plain and unimpressive, totally my style. It was long like Allison's, only mine didn't have a cut up the side. It was strapless on the left shoulder, but my right shoulder was covered with a silky cloth, almost like a sleeve. Allison had done my makeup, so it was a little more than I was accustomed to: powder, black winged eyeliner, silver eyeshadow, black mascara, and slightly pinker lips. She had also styled my hair, so some of it was up in a ponytail in the back, and she had curled it like her hair.

I looked pretty good, better than usual, but not enough to actually catch someone's attention. I had asked Allison why I should get all dressed up for her dinner dates, and she had replied that she wanted her bouncer to look decent. A little insulting, but hey, I'd heard worse.

The boys themselves were even supposed to put on something nice. I was supposed to keep guard so that they didn't try to escape half-naked out the window, but I seriously doubted that would happen. I didn't say anything to Allison, though, and I pretended to be a good bouncer at the bathroom door as the boys dressed up one by one.

"Make them wait in the back room," Allison ordered me while Ashton finished up. "I want to interview them one at a time."

"Do you want them in a specific order?" I asked. I almost added "Your Touchy Majesty" at the end, but I managed to catch myself in time.