Chapter 35: Insecurities and Honesty

(a/n) WHO WANTS SOME STEAMY MEESE ACTION?? :DDD

P.S. I know this is a really late update, and I'm sorry! I have no excuse, so I'm not going to make one up. But I'm super grateful to @tronnorgaybies for nominating me in a fanfic contest that I will probably bomb lol, but it means the world to me! This chapter is dedicated to you, love :) <3

I kind of hated that I was turned on whenever Michael and I fought, which was often. We were almost always at each other's throats, but it became clear that we weren't really angry at each other. We just wanted an assertion that we still cared. I wasn't sure why we continued an unhealthy relationship like that, but it just felt too good to be rid of. Besides, even when it felt bad, it still felt good.

We gave up on trying to make Luke and Allison break up. They were resilient, and even our newest recruit Calum ran out of hope fast. They were an awfully cute couple, and the chances of them splitting apart were becoming slimmer and slimmer. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to get married on the bus the next day, with Ashton as their preacher and RJ as the bridesmaid.

I was sitting between Michael's legs, my back against his torso, as we played video games together. We only showed closeness like this whenever the others were gone or it was late at night. Since it was a chillier Idaho evening, we had decided not to go up on the roof and stayed inside instead. The others were hopefully fast asleep at five in the morning, so we were safe. At least, no one had caught us for the past six hours, so we were pretty relaxed.

"You're going to die, Michael," I smirked, pounding Pikachu to a pulp. I was back to being Kirby, since he didn't like it when I chose the same avatar as him.

"Not if I kill you first," he growled, burying his nose in my hair. I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck.

It turned out to be a tie, and I didn't waste any time. Kirby sprinted towards Pikachu as fast as he could and kicked him before he had a chance to throw a single punch. While he flailed around in the air, Kirby launched himself off a floating pad and kicked him again. Pikachu went sailing off into the distance.

"Game!" the commentator declared.

I laughed triumphantly. "In your face, Gordon! Today is just not your day, is it? You must be going easy on me, because you've lost all but one game. Is that it? Are you going easy?"

"Shut up, Reese," he groaned, leaning back. "You're a poor sport."

"And you're a sore loser," I taunted, turning around so I could stick my tongue out at him.

"Can we play something else?" he scowled at me.

"Something that I haven't beaten you in?" I asked innocently. I skimmed the game titles. "Hmm, slim pickings."

"You're a jerk."

"And you're a loser."

"Bully."

"Loser."

"Idiot."

"Loser."

"Moron."

"Loser."

"Is that the best you can do?" Michael smirked.

"You're stating opinions, I'm stating facts," I said smoothly.

He glared at me. "Forget it, I'm never playing with you again."

"Oh, but you will," I said knowingly. "One, two, three, they gonna run back to me!" I sang. "They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave."