Chapter 10: Keychains and Necklaces

(a/n) Am I rushing this story? I feel like I am; sorry, I'll slow it down a bit. Enjoy! :)

P.S. Please don't hate me for this chapter, it's not over yet.

P.P.S. Here's a super hot photo of Calum Hood, because why not? ^^^

P.P.P.S. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! They really meant a lot, more than you think. :) And I was surprised to see that most of my friends showed up to my party after all, and we had a blast! Just thought I'd share that with y'all in case you cared.

P.P.P.P.S. (Last one, I promise) This update is late because I just got back from a youth conference yesterday, and I was WAY too tired and busy to post anymore. I posted this one last on purpose for my own special reasons, haha. ;) Now read on, my lovelies!

"The dates went really well last night," Allison said conversationally. "I think that they're really starting to like me. I don't know what went wrong with Luke, though. I mean, he toured with One Direction, so how could he not like them?"

"I think you misheard him," I said. "But I'm glad to hear that the others were good. Um, Al?"

"Um, Lucy?" she mocked me teasingly.

"Don't call me that. What do you plan on doing with the boys once they fall for you and we arrive at southeast Oregon?"

She frowned thoughtfully. "I don't know. Get married. Have a bunch of children. Live off our love."

"With all four of them?" I exclaimed. "Do you really love all four of them?"

"To different degrees, yes," she said solemnly.

I decided not to ask her about that. I packed away the plastic candles from Walmart and sighed to myself. I felt like we were running out of time. We were still in Iowa, and it had been three days. We should've been in Oregon ages ago! We couldn't afford anymore distractions, lest we get caught and thrown in jail.

I sat at the wheel and almost turned on the engine, but then I remembered something. I twisted around and called, "Allison, do you trust them?"

She frowned at me. "Who? The boys?"

"Who else?"

Her brow furrowed, and she folded her arms over her chest. "I don't know. No, I don't think so. As soon as I know that they're in love with me, I'll trust them. No more stupid questions, Reese, we have to get out of here."

I rolled my eyes and faced the wide open road again. I turned my keys in the ignition and pulled out of the trees. We were finally back on the road, and a sense of relief washed over me.

I liked driving, even if I had no clear destination in mind. It gave me time to think and reflect on my life, but at a time like this, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

I was a horrible person. I had left everything behind to accompany a loony in kidnapping her idols and taking them across the country. I used to have a future back home. I had my own apartment at eighteen (I was mature-ish), a kind family, a little kitten named Killer, a good education, and a fair premise of getting into college. But I had tossed all of that away for this.

There had to be a bright side, right? Um, there was....

Never mind, there really wasn't.

What if I just turned myself in and set the boys free? Would that redeem myself? Probably not. I would still have a big black mark on my record, and no one would ever hire me or accept me into college. I would always be known as "the accomplice who kidnapped 5SOS". And no amount of begging would ever convince them that this was all just an accident.