Chapter 26: Balloons and Match-breaking

(a/n) Y'all should follow me on Twitter because I'm in desperate need of an Internet friend to fangirl with when I'm bored, lol. Any takers?

P.S. Remember my demigods fanfic with 5SOS and 1D? Well, I have twelve chapters written and ready for publication. Would you guys read it if I started posting every Friday?

P.P.S. Sorry for the super late update. I had to go on a weekend-long retreat, and I am exhausted. Good night xx

"What happened next?" Officer Greene asked, gazing at me with wide eyes.

I glanced at the clock behind him and smirked. "Oh, would you look at the time? It looks like I've run out. Should I head back, or...?"

"No!" he said a bit too hastily. I raised my eyebrows at him, and he regained his composure. "I mean, no, I believe that we can allow you a little more time, Miss Ortega. I don't have as many appointments today as I did yesterday."

"Oh, what great news," I said sweetly, resting my chin in my hands. "What would you like to know?"

He merely blinked at me. "What happened next? Did you tell the others about the accident? Did they ever find out that you and Mr. Clifford went to McDonald's? What about Mr. Hood? Is he still important to the story?"

"Whoa, relax, man," I sighed, reclining in my chair. "You know, I would love to tell you all of that, but my throat is feeling a little dry this morning. Could you ask one of your assistants to fetch me some water or something? I'm actually in the mood for the king of all sodas: root beer. Sprecher's, to be more specific."

Officer Greene glared at me. "We are not your servants, Miss Ortega. I would very much like it if you continued your story, or else I won't hesitate to send you back early. What's more, you could use a new roommate...."

"Alright, alright, I'm telling," I said quickly, putting my hands up in surrender. "Geez, I would think that you would treat your guests more kindly since they'd be staying here a while."

"And I would think that you would treat your defending officers with more respect for giving you food and lodging!" he snapped back. "Continue your story, Miss Ortega."

"Fine, since you so politely asked," I muttered. "Nothing really exciting happened in the week following the rollercoaster accident, but we did encounter some trouble heading into the first week of June...."

*~*~*~*

"We have to celebrate!" Allison cried, bouncing around the dining room.

"Celebrate what?" I asked blandly, losing yet another round of rock-paper-scissors with Ashton.

"Our one-month anniversary of kidnapping 5SOS, of course!"

Calum choked on his apple juice and started coughing. Luke dropped his chess piece and raced over to him, pounding his back.

"CPR!" Michael called. "Give him CPR!"

"I'm fine," Calum rasped, pushing Luke's puckered lips away from him. "It's been one month already?"

"Already?" I echoed. "I feel like it's been forever since we kidnapped you guys! Are you sure it's not two months or something, Ally Al?"

"Nope!" she chirped. She whipped out Calum's iPad and showed us the calendar. "We kidnapped them on the ninth of May, and now it's the ninth of June! It's been an entire month!"

"Wow," Ashton murmured to himself. "It feels like it's been much longer than that."

"I agree," I said. "How do you plan on celebrating, Al?"