Epilogue: Young and Reckless

(a/n) Wow, I am SO sorry for the super late update! I was just super sick throughout the week, and I had to take the ACT, which was GREAT (sarcasm btw). Please don't hate me and enjoy this ending to the story. Stay tuned for the author's note after this!

It was amazing to me that I didn't lose my sanity in the three months following the visit. It took that long to schedule an appointment with the judge, that long to put everything in order, that long to make sure that the boys didn't have any interviews or concerts or whatever scheduled that day, that long to give me my parole and early release. I didn't have any charges pressed against me anymore, I was allowed to live my life as I wanted--as long as I behaved myself, that is.

It was so relieving to finally be out of there, but Allison wasn't so lucky. Officer Greene had sided with me on my view of her, and she was charged with sexual assault and third-degree kidnapping. She was jailed for life. That was a rather unhappy ending for her, but I wasn't sure if there was any other possible outcome.

The first step I took into freedom was a sweet one. I breathed in the fresh air and headed towards my parents' car, where my father was going to take me home. The car ride was silent, but I was okay with that. No words needed to be spoken to communicate that we were all so happy and relieved that I was finally free.

When we arrived at my home, at my apartment, Dad paused before opening the door. "Are you ready?" he asked.

"Of course," I said impatiently, itching to return home.

"No, are you really ready?" he insisted, his eyes boring into mine.

I relaxed. "I think so."

"Alright."

He opened the door and everyone yelled, "SURPRISE!!"

Instead of answering, I walked over to my couch and flopped down on it. "This has been long overdue," I moaned, getting comfortable.

"Wow, the couch is more important to you than me," Michael said, leaning over me.

"No," I said. I reached up and pulled him down with me. "You and the couch combined are important to me."

"Keep it PG, you two," Ashton scolded us.

"Where's my kitty?" I asked instantly, shooting up into a seated position.

"Here," Dad said, scooping him up.

He handed me my kitten, who blinked up at me through blurry gray eyes. He yawned and kneaded his paws into my lap. Killer wasn't a kitten anymore, he was a thirteen-pound brown bowling ball.

"I asked you to feed my cat, not stuff him like a Thanksgiving turkey!" I exclaimed.

"He looked thin," Dad said defensively.

"I'm putting him on a diet right away. Where's RJ?"

"She's at my place," Calum said.

"In Australia?" I asked a little sadly. I was hoping to see her after my release.

"He means OUR place," Ashton said. "We bought a little house here in Illinois. Chicago, to be more specific."

"But Chicago is over an hour away," I said.

"Yeah, but you have to admit their deep-dish pizza is amazing," Luke said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Why did you guys buy a place here?"

"To be closer to you, doofus," Michael said, snuggling up to me.

"It was Michael's idea in the first place," Calum said. "He's whipped."