Chapter 30: Songs and Nightmares

(a/n) Even if you don't ship MUKE, you still ship MUKE. Don't lie to me. It once brought tears to my eyes how much I ship MUKE. No lie. I'm actually working on a MUKE fanfic, but I won't be posting it for a while. Would you guys read it someday? ^^^ (I swear to you, MUKE automatically capitalizes itself on my phone. Says a lot about me as a fangirl, doesn't it?)

P.S. iCarly or Drake and Josh? I still have time since I don't have a life, lol.

P.P.S. I actually had a dream like this once, only it was about me and my family. Needless to say, it was not a fun experience.

I would like to say that things were pretty awkward between Michael and I in the days following... the incident. I would like to say that we avoided each other, other than casting some odd, embarrassed looks. I would like to say that we didn't talk anymore, and everything went back to being normal and uneventful.

But that didn't happen.

Michael didn't remember almost anything from that night. He didn't remember how he got a black eye or a split lip, and he refused to admit that he had gotten drunk. Well, no, let me rephrase that: he acknowledged that he had gotten drunk, he just couldn't believe that some guys had spiked his drink. He didn't remember them. He didn't remember the girl. He thought that I was making it all up. I wished that I could tell him different.

I didn't know what to feel. I was flattered to know that I smelled pretty, and Michael had given me Luke's shirt, and he had stood up for me when those guys had wanted to... you know.... But that didn't really mean much if you thought about it. Any girl in the world could smell pretty if she tried; Michael was probably bothering Luke again, after I distinctly told him not to; and any person with decent morals would've protected me from those perverts.

But I still felt something stir in the pit of my stomach whenever I thought about that night, the way Michael had clung to me, the way he had spoken to me. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but I didn't know who. I was on my own for this one... supposedly.

I was currently hovering over a napping Ashton as I tickled his face with a feather. I would normally be driving right now, but I had decided that I would do it at night instead of during the day. It would be harder for the police to catch us, and it would make our trip much, much longer since I only drove till about midnight.

We were currently on the outskirts of Colorado, parked under some trees. We could see the mountains from here, and they were beautiful. It had actually been a goal of mine to see the Colorado mountains, only I wished that I wasn't doing it while I was running from the law.

I traced Ashton's nostrils with the feather, and he wrinkled his nose before turning over a bit. I needed to talk to him, which was why I was messing with him. I didn't know who to talk to about my situation with Michael, and the drummer seemed like the best option. At least he knew the definition of "rationality", and he was mature most of the time. Sort of. But instead of waking him up like a normal person, I was tickling his face with a feather. I was just procrastinating our inevitably awkward conversation. What would I even say?

"Hey, Ash, I kind of have this massive crush on the biggest jerk in the world, and he happens to be one of your best friends. What should I do?"

That would just be the icing on top of the Lallison cake. Lallison was Luke and Allison's ship name. With them already in a bothersome relationship, I would only be adding to the stress of struggling to release these guys. I didn't want to keep them forever--I didn't like Michael that much--but would it be difficult for me to let them go? I had kind of grown close to them over the past two-and-a-half months, and my life would be ruined as soon as they were gone. There was no win-win situation for me.