Chapter 31

Cara's POV

*Weeks later*

"Luke! They're not your birthday presents! They are for the boys!" I shook my head and took away all the presents he was shaking "You're 25, not 1" I added with a laugh.

"Can't they just wake up already" He complained.

"Oh and every other day they wake up you complain that they wake up too early" I groaned "Just go sort the garden out" I laughed then pushed him into the garden.

The babies are turning 1 today and we're having some friends and Luke's family round. I'd say my family but I don't know where they are and my mum is just plain rude now. I heard soon as Katy came back home, my mum went crazy. Jack, Katy and their dad all moved out because they felt like they weren't at home when they were there. 

"Mum...Can I get some advice?" Amy asked once she came into the kitchen.

"What on?" I said while blowing some balloons up.

"Boys" She said then blushed and I laughed.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" My eyes went wide with a laugh.

"Well kinda, he asked me on a date and I don't know how to act! Or what to wear!" She rushed.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"His name is Chris" She smiled "Mum! Seriously what do I wear?" She rushed.

After going into a laughing fit about how she's acting on this she ending up walking outside to help Luke. I'll give her advice even though i'm not that good at giving it but i'll try.

*
*
*
We were all laughing at something Luke's brothers had to say as we ate some food and drunk some much deserved alcohol. They kids were all laughing and running around playing with toys. Amy sat as a normal teenager on her phone trying to act like an 'adult'.

"I thought everyone was here?" Luke said as the doorbell went off.

"Probably the postman or our address got leaked again" I rolled my eyes and stood up.

I walking through the house and to the front door. Whoever it was had their hand over the peep hole so I couldn't see who it was. I debating opening it but I did anyway.

"Hello?" I said and the man turned around "Dad?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah...You probably don't want me here but I got all the kids presents...I thought it would be unfair to just get the boys presents even thought its their birthday" He said with a half smile and passed me a large bag.

"Oh...Thanks" I knitted my eyebrows together as I held onto the bag and looked in to see silver wrapping paper.

We stood awkwardly for a bit, he's being too nice its suspicious. But he saved my life when I went to his house for the first time in what seemed like ages just to save Luke.

"Erm..Do you want to come in?" I awkwardly said and he smiled.

"If that's okay? I don't want to intrude" He sighed.

"It's fine..." I said slowly and he walked through.

We both walked into the garden, he seems to be so down to earth like he once was ages ago before all this violence and drugs come into view. He was nice until I was 4 then he became this monster.

He sat down next to Ben and they began to discuss the football and Luke gave me a signal to go to the kitchen with him. I got up from my seat again and followed him in, his emotion was pretty blank.

"You know you never fail to surprise me" He laughed.

"What do you mean?" I said and ran my tongue bar across my teeth.

"Well...You've willingly let your dad into our house after everything you've said" He said then held onto my hand.

"Well, he bought presents for the kids so I didn't want to be rude" I said and kissed him "We better get back out" I smiled then held his hand as we both walked out.

"Clarkson would you like a beer?" Luke asked.

"Oh no thanks...Just a water please" He said and Luke looked at me "I haven't touch alcohol in four months" He smiled.

"That's great news!" I said sounding too excited than I probably should "I feel bad for having all the booze in front of you" I said and pulled my lip between my teeth.

"Don't worry love, I can control myself" He said and took a sip of the water Luke gave him.
*
*
*
"You honestly didn't have to help clear up you know" I said to my dad as we cleaned the table.

"I wanted to...Look, you don't have to say yes or even say anything but I really want to be able to take you out one day. It doesn't have to be anywhere fancy. The park bench or a cafe...Anywhere you want. Listen, I haven't touched anything in four months and I've been living elsewhere so i'm no where near that house. I'm also receiving counselling three times a week. I know I can't change the past but I want to make it better" He sighed and I thought for a moment.

He's been so nice and helpful all day. The kids loved the presents he got them. Jayde got three new dress up outfits, Amy got a jewelry box with some earrings,necklaces and bracelets in and the boys got new outfits, lego and other small pieces.

"And this is for you" He said and pulled out a envelop which I opened straight away to see a huge amount of money notes.

"No...I can't there must be way over a grand here!" I said and pushed it back.

"Take it! Buy yourself something, something for the house, the kids or book you and Luke a holiday...You both deserve one" He smiled and I, surprising both of us, hugged him and he hugged back.

"Okay...I'll meet you at prezo's cafe in town at 2:30pm tomorrow" I said and handed him my number.

"I'm looking forward to it Casady" He smiled.

"Cara!" I screamed and we both laughed.

"Just teasing" He laughed then walked out the gate.

I was shocked from how much fun we actually had today. I kind of just stood speechless for a while just looking around at the garden lights and listening to the music in the background.

"I never thought I'd see that sight" Luke said walking over.

"The sight of me actually getting along with my dad?" I said as he came over.

He put his hand at the bottom of my back then held onto my hand which made me laugh.

"Mr.Hemmings are you trying to dance with me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I am indeed Mrs.Hemmings" He smiled then kissed me as he twirled my around while we both laughed.

____________________________

a/n

IDK I FOUND THIS CUTE

should she trust her dad? ;)

I HATE CATCHING FEELINGS BECAUSE I JUST GET CRUSH

STOP SENDING HATE TO MY MUNCHKIN liamthepenguin (give him a cheeky follow though)

I LOVE YOU ALL AND SO DOES YOUR FAVE UNLESS ITS MINE THEN NO.

I'M HAVING PCD OVER MY VAMPS CONCERT AND THAT WAS MAY 1st JFC

LUKE SAID THAT HE HAS NO RELATIONSHIPS WITH GIRLS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO UPSET THE FANS AND IM CRYING BECAUSE HE'S SO CUTE AND OAIEEFSIFJSIFJ

i also ship brashton a lot.

STOP CALLING LUKE A BREADSTICK HE SAID HE DOESN'T LIKE IT  SO STOP

IDEAS FOR MORE CHAPTERS PLS

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

ig- lukesb4bygirl

twitter- lukesb8bygirl

kik- ashhemmo96

snapchat- bxndtubers

stay rad