My Lullaby

Author's Note: The entire one shot is seen through Levi's POV.

When I was a child I heard voices. Some would sing and others would scream. It was soon I found in the underground you have few choices. And I learned the voices will only die with me. When I was a child I'd sit on my mother's lap for hours staring into open flames. Something in them had a power. I could barely tear my eyes away. On the day she died she sang these words to me, "All you have is your fire and the place you need to reach. Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash." Mother's lullaby she hummed with me. I keep it locked with the voices who sing the words for me.

When I was 16 my senses fooled me. Thought pure blood was on my clothes. I knew something would always rule me. I knew these sins were mine alone. All you have is your fire and the place you need to reach. Don't you ever tame your demons, buy always keep them on a leash. I fought and strode for new choices. Keeping sure to never regret, but I failed those singing voices. Burning those dear to me.

When I was a man I thought it ended. Lost it all in the rain's blinding mist. But I choked on the pain and fought with my fist. Hate and sorrow kept me walking. Gave me the courage I breathe in. Until I laid my eyes on my darling and found love's perfect ache. Now I fight for my baby's sake. But my peace has always depended on who's ashes are in my wake. The voices have all left, but one. And the voice is mine singing, All I have is my fire and the place I need to reach. She's the one who tamed my demons, so I can be free of this leash.

P.S. If you can name the song this chapter is inspired by then you will get a dedicated one shot to you that you can request.