We're the Perfect Two

I sat on the windowsill, staring off into the horizon at the sun setting behind Wall Rose, singing a song I had thought of ever since I met Captain Levi. " You can be the peanut butter to my jelly. You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly. You're my captain, but can I be your first mate? You can be the chills I'll feel on our first date. You can be the reason I believe in humanity. You can be the tears that I'll shed if you ever leave. You can be the rain from the clouds when the storm hits. You can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'." At the moment we met, I fell in love with him. I always knew it sounded pathetic, but I can't help it. The thing that killed me the most was thinking that he doesn't love me. Confused and worried I continued singing. "Don't know if I could ever be, without you, cause boy you complete me. In time I know that you'll see, that we're all we need." Here comes my favorite part. "Cause you're the apple to my pie. You're the straw to my berry. You're the stars in my-"

Suddenly, I heard a twig break. I peered at the tree growing near the window. I waited a moment before starting up my singing again. Nothing moved, and there wasn't another noise. I shrugged thinking, Must have been a bird. "(y/n)," Eren beckoned from the kitchen. He must need help with dinner. I climbed back into my room and shut the window. I trotted down the steps, through the lounge, and into the kitchen. "What is it, Eren," I ask. "Can you go find, Captain Levi. Dinner will be ready soon and none of us know where he is?"

"Sure thing." I take off outside and started searching the area. Soon after I heard whistling. I quickly slid up against one of the cabin's walls. The whistling came closer. Who could it be? And are they whistling... I followed the tune in my head. 'You can be the peanut butter to my jelly. You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly.' They're whistling my song! Shit, I'm screwed! I sank to the ground at the thought that my secret might have been found out. BY WHO! I peered around the corner to see... LEVI!
He's the one whistling my song. What should I do? Do I say something? Do I walk over and say, Hey, I guess you heard the song I wrote about you. This sucks! Just, just... *exhale* Act natural. I quickly rose to my feet and backed up a few feet before pretending to be coming out the door. Levi turned around the corner. I waved at him in a friendly way. "Hello, Captain. I just came looking for you. Dinners ready," I said, praying that it didn't sound like a lie. "Good," was all he said. Levi walked right past me and inside the cabin. I followed him through the doorway and into the kitchen.

After dinner I took a hot shower. I let the water wash away my worries. How long has he known I've been singing that song? Does he even care? A single tear blended with a droplet of water as it ran down my cheek. Does he... does he even know I exsist? Many more tears came to follow. I can't take it. I just can't take it anymore. I started banging my fists against the wall in front of me. I screamed until I heard feet running down the hallway. I had forgot that I lived with other people. Mikasa came rushing in and yelled, "(y/n), are you okay!" Of course, I lied. "Yeah, I just fell. Sorry to worry you." I heard Mikasa walk back out into the hallway and begin to shut the door. "It's no problem," she responded. The door shut with a click and when the beat of footsteps were out of earshot I leaned against the wall and sulked. I gripped forehead and pulled back my (h/c) hair. Breathing heavily I whispered to myself, "God... help me."

I pulled up my panties and tossed my nightgown over my head. I smoothed it out and grabbed my brush as I began to comb out my hair. The troubles from today were weighing down on me. I felt like I was going to buckle under the wait, but instead of falling and failing like I felt like doing, I sat on my windowsill and started singing.

The moon graced me with its beautiful presence. The cloudless night sky was full of stars to make the forest in the distance glow. A cool summer breeze blew threw my hair. I took it all in as I started to sing, "You can be the peanut butter to my jelly. You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly. Your my captain, but can I be your first mate? You can be the chills I'll feel on our first date. You can be the reason I believe in humanity. You can be the tears that I'll shed if you ever leave. You can be the rain from the clouds when the storm hits. You can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'." I gently swung myself back and forth to the suddle beat of the song. " Don't know if I could ever be, without you, cause boy you complete me. In time I know that you'll see, that we're all we need." Here comes my favorite part. "Cause you're the apple to my pie. You're the straw to my berry. You're the stars in my sky-"

"And you're the one I wanna marry."

I look down at the tree, searching for the new voice, to see Levi stepping out of the shadows. He smiled at me as he began to sing, "Cause you're the one for me, for me. And I'm the one for you, for you. Take the both of us, and we're the perfect two." Levi held out his arms and motioned me to jump. I held me breathe and leapt from the window. In an instant he caught me and spun me around a little bit. I stared into Levi's cold, steel eyes. He does love me. For a moment we said nothing, but for no real reason, I started singing again. "You can be my prince and I'll be your princess."

"You can be the sweet tooth and I'll be the dentist. I'll be the shoes and you can be the laces."

"You can be the hearts that I spill on the pages."

"You can be the vodka and I'll be the chaser."

"You can be the pencil and I'll be the paper. You can be as cold as the winter weather, but I don't care as long as we're together."

I'm surprised at what a good singer he is, or that he's even singing. I started up again. "Don't know if I could ever be, without you, cause boy you complete me. In time I know that they'll all see, that we're all we need." In perfect unison we sang, "Cause you're the apple to my pie. You're the straw to my berry. You're the stars in my sky. And you're the one I wanna marry."

Levi dipped be under the moon's brightest light. He outlined my jawline with the tips of his fingers. He sang sweetly, "Cause you're the one for me, for me. And I'm the one for you, for you. Take the both of us, and we're the perfect two." Levi closed in on my lips and whispered to me, "We're the perfect two." The song ended at the sound of our kiss.