Love Me

It had a month or so since Captain Levi and I had started dating. We weren't keeping it a secret, but by how many knew we might as well have been. I'd try to kiss him and he'd just peer downward, or when I'd try to take his hand he'd pull it behind his back. It really made me upset. Maybe I'm not good enough. Maybe captain just really wasn't an affection boyfriend. That's a let down. I figured once we became, "romantically involved", as Hangi put it, he'd show a softer side. More loving, less loathing. Perhaps I had gotten my hopes too high. I wasn't really sure. I did discover that my worries were showing and very bluntly too.
     "Hey, (y/n), are you alright?" Hangi sat beside me in the mess hall. Although I wanted to say, no, her concerning eyes dug the truth out of me. "Not really. I've been with Captain for a little over the month now, and he doesn't act very romantic. I can't even hold his hand." I laid my head against the table. Pressing splinters of self-pitty into my face. I felt Hangi gently rub my back the way I liked. Soothing my nerves and easing tension. "That's just not right! I mean, I know he's not the most paternal guy, but your his girlfriend! He's gotta give you some loving at some point."
"I don't know if I can wait, Hangi. I'm pretty sure humanity being free of titans will happen before Captain kisses my cheek."
    "Maybe I'll just have to talk with him?"
    "No. This is my problem. Not yours. And I'll deal with it."
    "Okay, but remember that you have to be assertive when you talk to him. That stubborn ass."

     Later in the evening I decided to talk to Levi. I invited him into my bedroom. He hesitantly walked into the room and shut the door behind him. I patted my hand for him to sit beside me on the sheets. Captain looked at me strangely. "Why did you have me come here?"
     "Because I want to know something." Biting my lip I clenched my heart and made the fast beating calm. My lips quivered and stumbled for the ability to say the words standing on my tongue. "W-why? Why don't you love me?" I searched for his eyes as my head rose to see him. His grey corneas widened and Levi stared blankly at me for a moment. I gritted my teeth, anxiously waiting for an answer. "I.... I-" I couldn't wait for an answer anymore and I blurted out every question on my mind.
     "Why won't you take my hand? Why won't you kiss my cheek? Why won't you hold me?" Levi did his classic turn away and glared at the crinkled blanket in his hand. I saw his lips move for a moment. As if they were running to search for missing words. When he did finally speak, tears rolled down my cheeks.
    "Because... you're beautiful. You're so darn beautiful. That when I look at you I can't think. When you're near me I can't breathe. Just the touch of your hand makes my heart race. You make me feel weak and vulnerable. I've never felt that way before. Not ever." He cupped my cheek and met my gaze. Piercing blue eyes fell into the depths of mine. Abruptly my entire body felt like goo. Like I could limply tip over into his arms. I reached for his waist and his soft free hand intertwined his fingers with mine. I knew he could see all the worry and loneliness inside me and I could see it make him cringe and fill with guilt. Levi brought himself a bit closer and sweetly said, "(y/n), you're loveable. (y/n), you're my snowflake. And when your eyes turn from (e/c) to grey, I'll hold you in a warm place."
     Where is this coming from? I had never heard him talk like this before. And I'd have to say, it's a bit of a turn on. Levi moved his hand from my cheek, to forehead, to my (h/c) hair. Stroking my locks and admiring its gleam as it slid through his fingers. "Don't you ever cut your hair, because I love the way you flick it off your shoulder." Now it seemed like he was just saying whatever came to mind, but it had meaning to me. Sincere and truthful were the words that stole my heart. With the hand he had stopped my arm with, Levi slid it up my arm and down to my back and under my shirt. I went for the hem of his shirt and made it glide over his abs. The hand holding my cheek inched my lips closer till only a whisper kept us apart. That whisper was, "You will never know just how much I love you."
     Our lips meshed together in a passionate kiss. I pounced to gain control and devoured him like a beast. His intoxocating aroma fondled my nose. The warmth from his body heating, enveloping my cool skin. It was everything had wanted and more. Panting, sweating, swaying, I tried to tower over him, but he easily laid me against the covers. Levi's seductive lips crawled from my neck to chest and back up. I had thought that I'd be roaring and wild, but Levi was just too much to handle.