Photograph; Part 6

Sunshine, it burns my eyes, causing me to wake, and lies beside me at night, acting as a protector. I had lost it, been without the light for so long I had nearly forgotten the peace and loving embrace it can give. Now that I have it again I'm never letting go. Never. Reaching for the space next to me, I'm struck by a mini-heart attack. Where's Levi? Please, please, someone tell me it wasn't a dream! It had to be real. Had. To. Be. "Levi," I call. No response. "Levi!" My voice is louder than before, oozing fear.
Have these past few months been only a fantasy? Maybe I've been comatose until now and it was all just an illusion. Sweat drips down every inch of me, from me brow to my ankles, it's hot and makes my flesh ache. "Levi!" I toss the covers aside and attempt to stand on unsteady legs. My chest crackles, burns, everything is shaking violently.
He's gone. No.
He's dead. No.
Never coming back. No!
Levi promised. He promised never to leave me again. He promised to always return home. The room is shrinking, suffocating. It pulses and sends me tumbling backwards, my temple contacts the wall harshly. So harshly there's a loud crack, I'm not sure if it's the plaster or my skull. And then everything is dark.
I am numb. Still. Silent. Nothing but two hearts beating, one more distant than the other. My eyes are open, yet there is no difference from when I close them. Is this death? Maybe.
No. No. There is a singular light. It flutters down, slowly, planting a gentle kiss on my wounded temple. "Love," it whispers.
"I will."
My eyes pry apart. Levi sits, dressed in his casual- white- long sleeve and blue sweats, gently outlining my cheek with his thumb. "You're awake," he murmurs gleefully. My gaze rakes over him intently. His color is perfectly pale. It's clear that none of his muscle has dissipated, and he's far from malnourished. His ebony undercut is combed and kept. That arousing scent of spice clings to him tightly. He's just as jaw droppingly handsome as ever. It's my Levi. The one I believed I could only remember. But how's that possible?
"Levi, what happened?" He takes my hand gingerly and twines our fingers together. The expression he dawns is much more somber than before, but I can still see the joyful relief in his forever unchanging eyes. "After falling from the titan's grasp you sustained a serious injury to your head. Luckily, most of the Regiment made it back to the district. Hangi patched you up and while your other injuries healed, you remained comatose for three months." Three months! I've been unconscious for three months. Everything that happened was all a dream, even the locket. The locket!
My fingers claw and pat my neck vigorously in a search for the golden pendant. "It's gone," I screech.
"What is?"
"The locket!"
"What locket?" So it was an illusion.
"The one you gave me."
"I never gave you a locket." Then- how?- can't think.
"Yes you did! It was gold and had a heart engraved You'll Never Be Alone. Just Wait For Me To Come Home, containing your picture." Panic takes me over entirely. Well, panic, fear, and lots of confusion. A cold sweat takes me entirely. I just dreamt twelve years of my life in three months. That's four years every month. That's insane! My nails dig deep into the sheets, an attempt to secure and stabililitate myself.
Levi tenderly pecks my cheeks as his hand cradles my cranium. "(y/n), I don't remember giving you a locket, but I can give you something else." I heft myself up. Levi bends onto one knee and reaches into his breast pocket. Oh my gosh. "Seeing you lie there, unconscious, unsure of whether you'd wake up to kiss me again or if I'd have to bury you, made me realize something." In the center of his rising palm is a tiny, sealed box. No way. "I love you. I always want to be with you. (y/n), will you marry me?" I don't even have to think. "Yes!"
Levi slides the golden ring onto my finger. I marvel and the lovely diamond at its center. It's instinct when I wrap my arms around Levi, bring him close, and mesh our lips together. So warm, so blush, so inviting. It's better than the dream that I perceived as real. Because this is real. Real and insane and passionate! His warm, tasteful tongue thrust into my mouth. His sweet breath heats me until I meld into his body, the lower half grinding against mine.
"I love you," I rasp, taking a breath. "I love you so much. . . . I'll never leave you Levi. Never again."