Chapter 20

Jungkook's POV

I woke up earlier than Taehyung and rolled onto my back, staring up at the white ceiling. I lifted my hand and fiddled with the red diamond ring on my finger.

So it wasn't a dream, I giggled to myself. It was real.

A shameless smile tugged on my lips as I remembered everything that happened yesterday.

Perfection. That's the only word I can use to describe everything.

Perfect day.

Perfect ring.

Perfect lover.

And that perfect night.

I rolled to my side and saw Taehyung sleeping soundly, not-so-soft snores escaping his mouth. My eyes drifted down towards the small beauty mark on his nose. I planted a short kiss in it before snaking my arms around him, pulling him closer to me as he snuggled into my chest.

How can anyone want to harm someone as precious as him? Taehyung is harmless and nothing but a pure ball of joy. Thinking about someone wanting to hurt him breaks my heart.

He may have made a promise yesterday to always protect me, but I also made a promise to myself that day too.

Taehyung, I'll never let you go.

We laid in this position for a while until I felt him shift in his sleep. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep.

A soft groan was heard. Then silence. His hair brushed against my neck and I felt him kiss my collarbone, causing me to giggle.

"Good morning my beautiful fiancé Jungkook." He whispered huskily into my ear.

"Morning my handsome fiancé Taehyung," I smiled and slowly opened my eyes.

"Can't we stay in bed all day and just lay here together?" Taehyung mumbled, burying his face back in my neck.

"You sound like Suga hyung." I chuckled.

"I'm serious." He scooted closer. "I just want to lay here in your arms and not move."

"You smell like cum." I deadpanned, earning a death glare from him.

"Yah!" Taehyung yelled. He took a quick sniff before shouting back, "Do not!"

I laughed loudly and held him tighter. "You're too adorable."

"Hey Kookie?"

I hummed in response. When he didn't answer I looked down, only to have him unexpectedly steal a kiss from me. Once he pulled away, he went under the blanket to hide his blushing face.

"Taehyuuuung~" I purred, tugging on the sheet. "Come on out."

"I don't want to." He muttered under the sheet.

"Then I guess I'll just have to join you." I smirked, throwing the sheet over us.

He had his hands covering his face which caused me to giggle. I put my hands over his and pulled them off.

"Don't look at me!" He pouted. "I'm naked."

I cackled at his words before pecking his lips lightly, whispering "I know."

His face remained red and flustered with embarrassment which made him look exceedingly cute. I pulled the sheet back down, uncovering our faces but still covering our bodies.

Taehyung sat up slightly with his back resting against the bed's backboard. I maneuvered myself to where my head was resting on his lap. He grinned as he combed his fingers through my hair, my eyes fluttering close as I enjoyed his touch.