Chapter 28

A/n: not proof read.

Mele escaped the angry mob and drove away quickly. Kyungsoo sat out of breath in the passenger side of the vehicle, heart racing from the close encounter.

"What the hell are we going to do now?" He yelled in frustration, slamming his fist on the dashboard. "The cops are probably waiting for us at our homes."

"Unnie, why don't we return to the hotel?" Hope asked innocently, receiving a glare from her older sister.

"Are you stupid? Why would we go back there?" Mele barked.

"Well, the cops would never guess that we would go back because they think we're escaping. It would be the last place they check." Hope explained.

"Your little sister is right. We should go back." Kyungsoo agreed. Mele sighed before agreeing with them, later suggesting that they stop at the gas station in case they come into another close call and have to escape again.

They pulled up to a gas station that was located far from the diner, but close enough to the hotel. Mele instructed Kyungsoo to fill the gas, in fear that someone might notice her and turn them in.

The older male entered the small store to pay for it, shortly coming back out with a successful look on his face. Mele sighed in relief, knowing that they were in the clearing for the time being.

"Unnie, why are you doing this?" Hope mumbled with a tone of disappointment. Mele looked back at her younger sister in concern before shaking her head.

"You wouldn't understand."

"But unnie! It doesn't have to be like this! How long do you think you can keep this up?"

"Hope, stop!" Mele said sternly.

"I don't like this side of you! Let him go! We can forget everything that happened!" Her younger sister continued.

"That's enough! Stop, now!"

"Please unnie! Don't hurt him! Let them be! This won't make Jungkook love you!"

"DAMN IT HOPE! SHUT UP!" Mele shouted at the top of her lungs, facing her younger sister with a devilish look. Hope sunk into her seat as she restrained her tears from falling, instantly covering her face. Mele frowned, reaching over to comfort her sister, only to have the younger move away. "Hope, I'm sorry."

"You're not my sister."

Mele gasped at the sudden remark, feeling a sting in her heart from the hateful words that escaped her sister's mouth. "Hope, I –"

"He's gone!" Kyungsoo shouted, running over to the driver's side window and pounding on the glass.

Hope smiled knowingly to herself as she uncovered her face, grinning widely at the news. On the other hand, Mele was furious and ran out of the vehicle to calm the panicking male. "What do you mean he's gone?"

"After I finished putting in the gas, I checked the trunk to see if he was still knocked out, but he's missing!"

"Where the hell could he go?!"

Taehyung groaned as he held his head from the severe migraine throbbing and pounding in his head. Slowly, he opened his eyes but all he saw was darkness, enveloping him in a tight compartment. He stretched his legs out, only to find that there was not much space, nor were there room to sit up.

Taehyung laid in a curled fetus position, hands and legs tied with rope, giving him painful burns with every movement. His mouth was taped, restricting him from screaming. He raised his hands to his mouth and tore the strip, resulting in a loud whimper due to the pain.