Chapter 24

Thursday

"Kookie wake up! Kookie wake up!" Taehyung jumped up and down on the bed. "We're going to miss the shuttle! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"I'm up. I'm up." Jungkook groaned, peering over at the clock. "Hyung, it's only six o'clock. The shuttle doesn't leave until nine."

"Oh well. I made breakfast. Eggs and rice." Taehyung smiled as he plopped down onto the bed.

"Food? Where?" Jungkook's eyes popped open as he searched the room.

"It's right on the kitchen table. I made it especially for you."

"You're so sweet babe. Thank you." Jungkook kissed Taehyung softly. The younger swung his legs off the bed and shuffled his way across the floor towards the table.

"You've been eating a lot. Are you trying to gain weight?" Taehyung furrowed his brows.

"Oh-- um- yeah." Jungkook mumbled; his mouth stuffed with eggs. "The fans told me to eat well, so I'm listening to them. It's unhealthy to be too skinny."

"They said eat well, not eat everything!" Taehyung laughed.

"Get dressed!" Jungkook glared.

"Okay, okay. Bossy." The elder giggled, walking over to massage the younger's shoulders. "I love you." He cooed, kissing the other's cheek.

"Love you too." Jungkook smiled. "Now stop getting distracted and dress yourself."

"Fiiiiine," Taehyung groaned and dragged his feet over to his suitcase. "You're sounding more like Jin, you know that?"

"And you sound like a kid! You know that?" Jungkook grinned.

After the couple got ready for their trip, they met in the main lobby with the other tourists who were catching the shuttle to Waimea Valley. The vkook couple held hands as they walked through the mile-long botanical garden that leads to Waimea Falls.

They stopped at the small snack shack where they ordered French fries, burgers, and soda. They sat on a patch of grass near the waterfall, away from the groups of tourist, where they decided to eat their lunch. Jungkook felt so content spending time with Taehyung. It was like a rush of happiness enveloping him.

They talked continuously about everything and anything. Their conversations could last for hours and they would never grow old of one another's company. Without th other, it felt like they lost a piece of themselves.

By the end of the meal, Jungkook laid on the plush grass and listened to the sound of the waterfall crash into the pond. He played with his engagment ring as Taehyung threw away the trash.

"Do you like it that much?" The elder smirked, taking a seat beside his lover.

"I do." Jungkook sat up and rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder as he closed his eyes. "Hyung. When you said you'd never leave me, you meant it right?"

Taehyung flinched. He felt the hairs stand up on the back of his neck as the goose bumps ran down his arms.

"Why are you asking me such a silly question?" He scoffed, grabbing his swim shorts from the dryer. "Of course I'll never leave you."

"Promise?"

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook with curiosity. The younger opened his eyes and stared at him longly, anticipating the answer to come. The elder sighed and looked at a familiar flower bush next to him.

He picked off one of the white flowers and placed it in Jungkook's hand. "Do you see this? What's different about it?"

"Only half of the flower has petals." Jungkook frowned.