Chapter Thirty-Three

Rio's POV

"It's odd," explained Rio. "I can remember everything before this life. I remember you and everyone else. Before today, I remember feeling like there was something missing, and now it's back."

"Yes," nodded Malachi. "I would imagine you feel that way."

"I missed you, Malachi," said Rio.

"I missed you too, little sister."

"Please. Call me Rio."

"Rio," said Malachi. "The name feels unfamiliar to my tongue."

"It's what I was named here," shrugged Rio. "I didn't have a name in Above, and now I do."

"I remember, little sister."

Rio laughed. "You're exactly the same, Malachi."

"And you've changed," Malachi said, looking his little sister up and down. "You've grown into a beautiful Angel. Or, should I say, young woman? What do you prefer to be called now?"

Rio shrugged. "I don't know. I mean I was an Angel before my human life here on Earth. But my human memories and feelings still reside inside me. And I still have my human body. What do you think I should be called?"

"You're an Angel first. But a human second," mused Malachi. "I think you're an Angel. The human side of you is very young. You've been an Angel for eons, Rio."

"You're right," agreed Rio. The siblings lapsed into an easy silence. They listened to the birds sing and watched the wind blow the leaves to and fro. Then Malachi said, "Well, I'd best be off. I have been summoned."

"Okay," sighed Rio. "Will I see you again?"

"Yes, little sister. You will see me again," said Malachi. He ran his hands up and down Rio's upper arms for her comfort. He looked Rio in the eyes and said, "I will always be by your side, little sister."

"I know."

Malachi stepped back and summoned his beautiful unearthly white wings. "Remember, you're not allowed to use your powers unless it's an emergency."

"I remember," Rio called as Malachi lifted himself into the air. In a golden ray of sunshine only she could see, Malachi rose further in the air until he was high enough to Flicker into Above.

"I remember," Rio softly said, kicking the dirt beneath her shoe.

You lucky ducks! You've had another glimpse of an Angel!

What do you think of Malachi and Rio's relationship!? Isn't he the cutest!?

It's kind of sad that Rio didn't have a name in Above (Heaven). But now she does.

Can't wait to update the next chapter, but I must.

Unless I'm convinced otherwise......? ;)

Read. Comment. Vote!

Bye Loves!