Chapter Thirty-Nine

Rio's POV

"Where are you going?" Oz asked Rio as she got up from the couch. He grabbed her hand to keep her from going anywhere. It had been two days since her parent's funeral and four days since she remembered she was an angel and found out Oz was a werewolf. Today was also six days after the murder of her parents and Oz was still protective of her. Rio understood why he was always trying to get her to sty by his side. He wanted to protect her. He thought if she were by his side she would be safe from everything.

It was getting annoying.

"I'm going to the airport," replied Rio, taking her hand back.

"What? You're leaving?" Oz shot up from the couch and stood before her. "How long are you going to be gone? Will you come back? Please tell me you're coming back."

Rio rolled her eyes. "I'm not going back to London if that's what you're asking. I'll only be gone for a few hours."

"You're not leaving for good?" Oz sighed in relief. "Then why are you going to the airport?"

"I have to go pick up Taj," said Rio. She had called Eddie and told him she wasn't coming back. Rio thanked him for keeping Taj longer than expected and asked him to put her dog on a plane to New Mexico. Rio saw the expression on Oz's face and asked, "Do you wanna come with me?"

His eyes lit up when he answered, "Of course."

"Then let's go," said Rio. She turned away from him and found her purse. She was so excited to see her baby again. Taj was no doubt missing her. When she spoke on the phone with Eddie, he had told her Taj would barely move from the spot by the door. Taj was waiting for his Rio to get home.

When the two were buckled in Oz's car and they were on the road to the airport, he asked her, "If you're not going back to London, where are you going to live?"

Rio opened her mouth to reply, but Oz cut her off, "As your werewolf Alpha boyfriend, I'm sure as hell I'm not letting you go back to your parent's house. Whoever murdered your mom and dad trespassed on my land. I'm not letting them get to you."

"Are you done now?" Rio asked with her eyebrow raised.

Oz shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I guess."

"I was actually going to ask you about that," replied Rio.

"Ask me about what?"

"I was wondering if I could stay with you?" asked Rio. "I mean you have a huge house with several bedrooms. I wouldn't bother you. And Taj will behave-"

"Rio, you're rambling," said Oz. "It shouldn't be a question that you'll live with me. I don't think my mate, I mean fiancée, should be living with my cousins her whole life."

"What?"

"What? What'd I say?" a panicked Oz asked.

"Unless you're cheating on me, I think you just called me your mate and then you called me your fiancée," Rio said, shock clear in her voice. A slow smile spread across her face as another part of the veil in her mind lifted. Trying to hide her excitement, she asked, "Are you trying to ask me something Oscar de la Vega?"

Oz bit his lip and stared out the window.

"This wasn't how I wanted it to happen," muttered Oz.

"I'm sorry. What? I can't hear you," smiled Rio.

"I didn't mean for it to happen this fast," explained Oz. "I didn't mean to fall in love with you this fast, I swear. And I definitely didn't mean for you to know my plans right after your parents-"

"I don't care about that. Just shut up and ask me, Oscar de la Vega," Rio interrupted. She didn't mind that it was too fast. She didn't mind that they'd only been together for a week and a half. It felt like they'd been together their whole lives. Living down the street from one another helped a lot in that area, though.

Oz yanked the steering wheel to the side and pulled over. After parking the car and taking a deep breath, he turned to her and pulled a small box from his jean pocket. Gazing deep into her eyes, he flipped open the box, revealing a beautiful twisted diamond ring. "We've been through ups and downs and 360s in our week and a half of officially being a couple. But I've known you my whole life. I know you're upset when your right eyelid twitches. I know all your different smiles. You have a smile for when you're sad but are being strong for those around you. A smile meant just for your dog. And a smile promised to me. I know you, Rio. I know you like no one else knows you. And I love you like no one else loves you.

"Mario Sanchez, will you marry me and become my strong, independent, beautiful, intelligent, fierce Luna?"

Oz searched Rio's eyes for an answer. Through her tears of happiness, she gave him the smile promised to him and said, "Yes. I will be your Luna. Until the end of time."

Well sh*t. That took an unexpected turn.

They were going to pick up her pit bull, and then he turns around and proposes?! And she says yes! What in the flip is going on here!?

This story has gotten out of hand.

I'm just kidding.

More is coming! I promise! Though probably not right now.

Read! Comment! Vote!

Later Loves!