Chapter 23

Jon helped Jay back on his feet and supported him on his shoulder as they climbed up the staircase back into the living room. Jay still out of breath and exhausted rested on the couch for a bit until he got his strength back again. They started walking back up to his room and Jay laid on his bed.

Poor baby, he must be extremely exhausted. Jon said as he started covering Jay up with some blankets from his bed. Just like that, he was asleep already. Making snoring sounds as he drifted off back to sleep.

Jon stared at him and started admiring how he slept. Curled up on his side as he softly breathed through his nose and twitched a few moments. He remembered it the first night they met each other and he slept at his house. He loved how they were sharing each others secrets and abilities, trusting each other, flirting with each other and then finally kissing each other. Then something clicked in his head. The night they were talking about each others abilities. Oh no! Tonight was the first night he turned. He still has two more nights to turn! Jon looked back at him and he couldn't help but feel sorry for him. The pain of going through that again three nights in a row. I'll be here for you baby. I won't give up on you. I won't let you go through this again by yourself. Jon thought as he lightly kissed him on the forehead.

Jon turned around and started looking around in his room. He opened his closet door and started picking out clothes for him when he wakes up. He set them on his desk and went into the bathroom to draw him a bath. He remembered he needs cold baths so made it Luke warm temperature. He put some bubbles in there and his bath was ready. At least I don't have to worry about it not getting cold if it was hot water. Jon laughed to himself.

*Bzzd-Bzzd* Jon heard his phone vibrate as he made his way downstairs into the kitchen. It was a call from Ashley. Jon answered the phone

"Hey! What's up?"

"Hey, are you doing anything today? Me and Shelly wanted to know if you wanted to get brunch later today." Ashley asked.

"I wish I could, but I have to take care of Jay today." He said as he opened the refrigerator.

"What? You're at Jay's house? What are you doing there?" Ashley asked

Shit! I forgot they didn't even know. "Um... It's a long story, so I'll tell you about it later." Jon said as he was trying to figure out what to tell her. Jay trusted me with his secret so I have to find a little white lie and not tell them Jay let me see him transform. "But it's no biggie. We were just working on our paper for Mr. Zeigler's class. We're almost done so we can have the week to mess around in his class." Jon said.

"Oh, okay. Is he sick?" She asked

"Sick?"

"Yeah, you said you had to take care of him today."

"Oh yeah! He's just feeling a bit exhausted." Jon said as he was grabbing some eggs and bacon and setting them on the counter next to the stove.

"I bet. Did you know last night was the full moon?" She asked him.

".... it was? Hmm... that... that makes sense." He said trying to play off dumb.

"Yeah. Me and Shelly were rebuilding our protection spell for our house. You know, just in case other witches are trying to spy on us. It's stronger on a full moon."

Jon grabbed some pans and lit the stove and started cracking open some eggs. "Yeah. Well, I'm just cooking breakfast for him. He's still asleep so I hope this gives his strength back so we start on our work again." He said as he started scrambling the eggs and putting the bacon on a different pan.

"Okay, then I'll text you later. Maybe you could invite him over with us? We'd like to see how you two are doing now." Ashley said.

"Yeah, I'll ask him to see what he thinks about it. The last time we hung out didn't go so well." Jon giggled.

"Yeah. for sure, ha ha! Okay. Text me later Jon."

"Okay. See ya Ash." Jon hung up the phone and started finishing his cooking for his boyfriend. He set everything on a tray and started walking to the living room. He heard the doorknob jiggle. Jon stopped in his tracks. He saw the door open. He froze for some reason. He could leave in a blur but something made him stay. He can't leave Jay alone. He was stuck. He couldn't move.

He saw a little Navajo lady walk in the door. She was wearing a turquoise ring and necklace.

"Hi? Is my son home?" She said.

Son! Jay's mother! Probably the strongest wolf in the pack! Jon thought as he was standing there trembling.

"Hello? You okay my dear?" She said back.

Jon just stood there frozen. What should I do?