Chapter 09

The lunch bell rang. Jon got up and went out the door. He opened his locker and pulled out his "tomato soup" and "V8 juice". He went to the lunch room and threw his plastic containers in the microwave. I hope this plan works. I know Jay don't really trust them, but it's the only plan we got. Jon thought to himself. He grabbed his lunch and went out to the quad. He found an empty bench where he, Jay and the sisters can sit at. It was far from the crowds of students. I wonder where Jay is. Jon thought.

The lunch bell rang. Jay got up and went out the door.

"Hey, you want me to buy you lunch?" Christian said as he was grabbing for his belongings.

Jay turned around and looked at Christian. "...No... I don't feel like eating that much today..." Jay said hesitantly.

"You sick?" Christian asked.

"You could say that. I feel like I'm going to throw up." Jay said. He turned around and continued walking. He took his time. He was in no hurry to walk over there. His stomach felt knotted and twisted. What the hell are we doing? Jay thought. Can we trust them? He slowed his pace a little more.

He turned around the corner of the B Building and Saw Jon sitting at a bench by himself. It was the furthest from the school. Right next to the road. Good, he picked a great spot. No one can hear us from there. Jay thought to himself. He started walking closer to Jon. His heart beating faster and faster with every step. His palms sweaty and a lump in his throat. Here goes nothing.

About half way, Jon noticed an unusual heartbeat. It sounded like a heavy metal drum.

"Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump."  The hell is that? Jon thought. He turned to his left. He saw Jay across the campus walking over to him. His eyebrow and forehead dripping with sweat. Jon tilted his head. "Oh babe. We'll be okay." Jon said sincerely, hoping that calms him down a bit more.

A few second later Jay sat right next to him. "It better be okay. Or I'm gonna throw a lunch tray at the principle so I could get expelled. Hopefully I get transferred to a new school afterwards." Jay said unfolding his lunch bag.

Jon shook his head and smiled. "We'll be fine." He said taking a sip from his thermos. Jon smelled something from Jay's lunch. "What's in your food?" Jon asked looking at Jay's sandwich.

"It looks like peanut butter and guacamole on a bagel. I think she put some... Yes! She gave me yogurt! And rice cakes! Eww, gross, and some baked tofu!" Jay said looking through his lunch bag.

His heart slowed to a slower pace.

He's so cute! Jon thought. "No, I meant what is in it? I smell some sort of plant." Jon said shaking his head and smiling.

"Oh. My mom put aconite in my food." Jay said opening his yogurt first.

"Aconite?"

"Yeah. Wolf's Bane. It's an herb. It helps keep my wolf senses on mute." Jay said as he stuck the spoon in his mouth.

Jon smiled at him. He's too adorable... eating his yogurt. Jon thought and smiled. He went back to eating his liquid diet. He smelled Thornbristle. This time the scent was stronger. He looked up and saw the Gene sisters approaching them.

"Babe, here they come." Jon said as he nudged Jay on his elbow.

Jay looked up from unwrapping his rice cake. "Oh gosh, I don't know what to say. What should I do?" Jay asked nervously.

"Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump."  Jon looked at Jay again. We'll be fine babe. Don't worry. Jon said in his head while looking at the girls as they smiled and waved at them.

Shelley was slightly taller than Ashley. She had curlier hair. Beautiful eyes and nice average lips. She wore hoop earrings that barely grazed her slender neck.

Ashley was shorter, but just a beautiful. Her hair was straighter, but it was dyed in colors that work with her skin tone. When she smiled, her teeth were white as the pearly gates.

"Hi John Q!" Shelley said as she set her tray on the table. She looked at Jay. "Hi Jay." She said politely.

"Uh, h-h-hi!" Jay said barely looking at her.

"Hi Jonathon! I'm Ashley" She said as she extended her hand to give him a shake.

"Hi Ashley. Nice to meet you." Jon said shaking her hand.

"Wow, your hand is cold!" Ashley said rubbing her hands together to warm them up a bit.

"Yeah, I was holding my juice." Jon said.

"Hi Jay." Ashley said to him.

"Hey..." Jay replied looking at his unbitten sandwich.

"Listen. We need to tell you girls something." Jon said putting his empty containers in his bag. "I just need you two to promise not to tell anyone." He said zipping up his bag.

Shelley and Ashley looked at each other and just nodded okay.

"Um. It's about what I told you yesterday." Jon said looking at Shelley.

"We understand. We're not going to tell anyone. We promise." Shelley said putting her pizza down giving her full attention to Jon. "We're not like everyone else. We actually believe love is for everyone. We're both big supporters of gay marriage." Shelley said looking at him. Ashley nodded in agreement. Shelley picked up her pizza again and took a bite.

The whole time she was talking, Jon was listening to their heartbeats as well. It was steady the whole time. She was not lying. If either one of their hearts skipped a beat or sped up, they were lying. I knew I could trust them. Jon thought.

"That's good to hear. Because I have something else to tell-" Jon got cut off by Jay.

"Me and Jon are dating and if you tell on us I'm gonna tell everyone you're witches!!!" Jay blurted out. Jay looked at Shelley and Ashley. They both looked at him with their mouths wide open. Stunned. Shelley dropped her pizza. He looked at Jon. His eyes were wide open and in shock.

Jay looked down. Oops.

"Umm... I don't do well under stress." Jay said twirling his thumbs. Everyone was still looking at him. In silent.