Chapter 03

Jay took him to a spot in town that was near the cliffs. It was a place that over looked the whole town. You could see it all. The flat town of Oakbrook. It was nearly nightfall. The sun was going down, and all that was left in the sky was red clouds and dark blue skies.

"Why did you take me here? I mean, it looks beautiful from up here!" Jon said gazing upon the town's lights barely turning on.

"To have some privacy. I wanted to know more about you." Jay explained.

"Oh, um... sure. What do you want to know?" Jon asked.

"Well. Everything!" How did you become a vampire? How old are you really? Why did you call me cutie? Why did you really come to this town?" Jay was asking numerous questions.

"Whoa, hey, hold up a bit. Ha ha ha. One at a time please!" Jon said laughing. "I know you want to know more about me, but this is gonna take some time."

"Sorry. I guess my first question is.... How did you become a vampire?" Jay asked.

"My mother. She's a vampire. She was turned when she was a young girl. But before I go into that. I'm what you call a pure-blooded vampire. We can age like humans, only till we turn 30. The aging stops and we appear that way for a very long time. Until we get dusted. I was born with this, but I'm only allowed to stay human till the age of 13. Then the elders come in and that's when they turn you." Jon said. Looking into the sky.

"Wow. That must've been very hard for you. I think I can understand what you're going through." Jay said looking at Jon.

"Heh, I don't think so. I mean, you're a great looking guy, but the moment I sat in front of you in school.... I noticed something different about you. Your body temperature was 105 degrees. I figured you were ill or something. But then I smelled your blood. And your blood smelled different too. It wasn't sweet or anything, but it smelled.... Sour." Jon looked at Jay. "My turn to ask a question. What are you?"

Jay looked into Jon's eyes. Those eyes that were blue, now green again. Jay put his head down. "I'm.... I'm a werewolf." Jay said with shame.

"What!? No way! So you are just like me! But you know. Cooler!" Jon said excitedly. "I never thought you guys existed! I've heard stories from the elders, but they told me you guys were extinct! Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it like that! I'm so sorry, that was totally rude of me." Jon said sincerely. "How does it feel? You know, when you transform." Jon asked.

Jay looked back up and stared back at Jon. "It hurts. It hurts like hell!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't me-"

"It's okay." Jay cut Jon off. "The pain is so severe. Every single bone is reforming; my muscles and skin are tearing and healing itself at the same time. I'm not going to lie. I cried my eyes out. Kicking and screaming, begging my family to help me. They just looked at me, tears in their eyes because they knew there was nothing they could do. Just stand by and let their presences be known to me. They've all been through this before. The night of my turning, I was lead to an underground basement by my family. We walked down a flight of stairs that seemed to be for miles. When we got there I was put into a room. It looked to be iron walled. On the top was a hole straight up. I could see the moon. The cage was titanium, coated with silver. So I wouldn't try to escape."

"Your whole family is a clan of werewolves?" Jon broke in.

"Yeah, we inherited it from my grandmother. She was the only one that was a wolf. The rest of my family are shamans." Jay said. "My cousins, aunts, uncles. They inherited that from my grandfather."

Jon sat in closer to jay, putting his arm around him. Holding him. Jay looked towards him.

"I may not know the pain you go through once a month-"

"Three nights in a row a month....." Jay intervened.

"Wow, seriously? Well, I may not know that, but I'm just going to let you know that I'll never let anyone hurt you." Jon said.

They look into each other's eyes again. Leaning in closer. Their lips so close, they can feel each other's breath. Their lips touching. Kissing. It was passionate. Jon grabbing the back of Jay's head with his left hand, and Jay grabbing his shoulder pulling him in closer. They held each other tightly, not letting go. Jon stuck his left hand under Jay's shirt, and they leaned back on the ground. Jon got on top of Jay. Jay looking up at him.

"I think I'm going to like it here in Oakbrook." Jon said.

"Screw Oakbrook, I think I'm going to like you here!" Jay said back.

They go back to making out. Holding each other. Kissing under the cloudless skies. A slave to the sun, and a servant to the moon..... Under a moonless night.