Chapter 11

As soon as the chores were done, the gang all went outside to Shelley and Ashley’s car. Jay was inside by the front door. He was turning on the alarm system.

As soon as he locked the doors, he jumps into the back seat of the car. This time Shelley was driving.

“Anyone want something to eat before we go to our house?” Shelley asked as she turned on the car and made a U-Turn.

“I’m good.” Jon said as he dug into his bag and pulled out a Capri Sun. Jay just looked at him and mouthed “Is that blood?” Jon nodded his head.

“Okay. Is it alright if we make a quick stop to McDonald’s before we go to our house?” Shelley asked as so was making turns after turns.

Jay looked at his vampire love and nodded. Jon nodded back.

“Yeah, go ahead.” Jay replied for the both of them.

They went to the drive-thru and ordered burgers and fries. They pull out of the driveway and went onto the main road. They headed downtown.

When they pulled up to the girl’s house, Jon noticed he only lived six blocks away from them.

“Hey! I just live down the road from you two.” Jon said putting his third empty Capri Sun back into his bag.

“Yeah, we know. We’ve seen you walk out of your house when we drive to school.” Ashley answered as she got out of the car.

The rest of the group did as well. Jay looked at their house. Their house was a two story, light beige house, with a little patio in the second floor. They had two solar panels on the front of the roof. A deck in the front yard.

Nice house. Jay thought.

“Welcome to the Witch House of Me and Shelley” Ashley said as she made her way up the front porch.

“You guys can come in.” Shelley said as she was unlocking her front door.

“Crap!” Jon said under his breath as he closed the car door.

“What? What is it? They said we could come in. You got an invite.” Jay said whispering back to him.

“Yeah, but they have to be inside to invite me into their house. It won’t work if they are still outside. All I got was an invite onto their porch” He said as they made their way up the steps of the porch.

“… I think I got a plan.” Jay said as they got to the front door. Jay and Jon stood at the front door. Shelley and Ashley were already inside the house.

“What are you guys doing?” Ashley asked looking at them from the kitchen door.

“I don’t want to barge into your house. What if your neighbors think we’re just a bunch of weirdoes hanging at your door? Maybe they didn’t even hear you guys invite us in?” Jay said looking at the neighbors across the street. Jon put his head down and smiled.

“Oh my God!” Ashley laughed as she walked to the front door. “MY FRIENDS JON AND JAY ARE INVITED INTO MY HOUSE!!!” She yelled out the door. Jon started laughing.

“Thank you.” Jay said as he entered the house. Jon followed right behind him.

“It may not be as big as your house Jay, but it’s really cozy.” Ashley said going back to the kitchen. “Do you guys want something to drink or eat?” She said opening the fridge.

“I already had something to eat, err… drink!” Jon said correcting himself.

“I could use something to drink.” Jay said looking at Jon shaking his head.