Chapter 25

When they got to the Sister's house they noticed the front door was wide open and the locks were broken. The door didn't seemed damaged other than that. The boys went inside and started searching the house. Nothing seemed out of place. Nothing was moved, broken or damaged. They both looked at each other in confusion.

What the hell is going on? Jon mouthed to Jay.

They could still be here. Be careful! Jay mouthed back.

They both used their heighten senses. Jon was sniffing for blood or a scent. Jay was trying to feel for any body heat that was still in the house. Both were listening so very closely. But nothing at all. Not one person was left in the house. But why was the front door open?

The boys decided to go back outside and look around. As soon as they did there was several black vans parked outside. What looked like a SWAT team was closing in on the boys. But that wasn't all that happened. The front lawn was torn to shreds. The girl's car had a broken window and the outside of the house was extremely damaged.

"SHIT!" Jon said as he grabbed Jay and pulled him inside. He closed the door and told Jay to start piling everything against the door. Jay turned around and noticed the house was completely destroyed.

"What the hell happened? It wasn't like this a few seconds ago?" Jay asked as he was putting the couch against the door.

"It was a cloaking spell! Everything seemed normal from the outside. So there was no suspicion among the neighbors. So no one could call the cops. I bet they didn't even hear anything that was going on inside the spell." Jon said as he grabbed the television and putting it on top of the rest of the barrier against the door.

"I love you babe, but there are like... seven windows they could still enter from. They won't just knock on the doors." Jay asked getting more stuff to put against the windows.

"No. They can't! Did you notice none of the windows are broken? The sisters told me they enchanted the windows during the full moon. A protection barrier. They always do that every month. They couldn't get into the windows."

"What about the door?" Jay asked.

"The door is trickier. Once the door is locked, the door puts up a protection spell also. That means they must've came in when the door was open." Jon said listening to the commotion outside.

"Okay, that makes sense. But who put up the cloaking spell? Why would the sisters do that?" Jay heard foot steps coming up the front porch.

"Hunters have witches in their employment just like vampires have do. The werewolves were the first to make a treaty with witches back in the day-"

"History lesson later!" Jay said cutting Jon off.

BANG! BANG! BANG! They saw the stuff they piled on the door move as they were trying to break their way in.

"Okay babe! You ready?" Jon asked as he looked at Jay.

Jay looked back at him and nodded.

BANG! BANG! BANG!.... BOOM!!! An explosion blew the debris at the front porch outwards towards the boys. The boys flew back against the wall. Jon was the first to get back on his feet. his ears were ringing as he saw men in SWAT gear coming in. Jon looked at Jay and he saw that he was barely getting to his feet. They had to react fast.

Jon went up to the closest Hunter and head butt him, knocking him out. Jay went to aid his boyfriend and grabbed the next one and threw him back out the door, carefully not scratching any of them.

One got a shot on Jay. He held up his pistol and shot him on the arm. Jay let out a roar. The wound in his arm was smoking and sizzling. They got silver bullets. Silver bullets for me! Jay grabbed the person that shot him and punched him in the stomach, making him puke and lose control over his bowels. He knocked him out with a piece of furniture and tossed him out the door. He grabbed another Hunter that was aiming at Jon, took his gun and head butt him and threw him through the living room wall into the kitchen. He took the clip and started examining the bullet. It was wooden tipped. They surely came here to kill us!