Chapter 06

7:30 AM. Forty-five minutes till school starts. Jay was using Jon's land line to call his mother. He lived uptown, about a 5 mile walk.

"Where were you last night? I was so worried! I almost called the cops! Where are you now, I'm going to go get you!" He heard his mother yelling through the phone. Jon looked at him and smiled. I doubt even he needed his super hearing to hear that roaring through the phone.

"I'm okay. I was hanging out with a new friend, and we lost track of time. I forgot to call you after I got to his house, and I guess I fell asleep." Jay said into the receiver.

Jon handed him a cup of hot chocolate. Jay smelled blood; he looked at Jon's cup. That's a smell that's gonna take some getting used to as well. Jay thought. He took a sip from his cup. Mmm, marshmallows!

"I'm on my way to work; I'll drop some clothes off for you. Where are you at?" His mother asked.

"Oh, it's okay. I have some on." Jay said looking at the slim jeans, red long-sleeve shirt and leather jacket with a sweater hoodie he was wearing that Jon gave to him.

"Okay. I have to go to Phoenix after I get off. You're brothers are coming with me. We have a meeting. Do you want me to pick you up after work?" His mom asked.

Jon looked at him with a sly grin. Hoping Jay would say he'd stay. Please say you want to stay, please say you want to stay, and please say you want to stay! Jon said over and over again in his head.

"Umm, is it okay if I stay home this time? I don't want to miss my third day of school?" Jay asked hoping his mom would let him.

"I'm not sure.... Who are you going to hang out with? Is Christian coming over? I trust him." Mom replied back.

"No, I was gonna hang out with my new- Wait! What do you mean you trust Christian? You don't trust me?!" Jay said back into the phone.

"I was kidding. Don't get anal!" He heard his mom say back. Jon started giggling. Jay swung his head around towards Jon. Glaring at him.

"Okay, thanks mom. When you coming back?" He said back.

"Friday evening." Mom said. Tonight, Wednesday & Thursday nights I'm alone at my house! Jay thought looking at Jon. "Please be careful! We'll call to check in on you every day." Mom said breaking Jay from his daydreaming.

"What? Oh yeah. Okay. Well, we're gonna take off now. We're gonna start walking to school. Love you mom. See you Friday evening."

"Good morning Mrs. Belin! Have a safe trip!" Jon yelled from behind Jay.

"That your friend?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, that's Jonathon Harrison. He's new to town. We became friends yesterday." Jay said into the receiver.

"Okay, show him a good time." His mom said back. He already did. Jon thought and started smiling. Jay noticed him, and just shook his head.

"I will ma. Love you. Buh-bye." He hung up the phone. "You know, you got to control your dirty little face when someone says something like that." Jay said tickling Jon and eventually hugging him.

"I can't help it. If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless." Jon joked. Jay laughed. "So how do my clothes fit on you? Since you do have a bigger build than me." Jon said. Although Jay was slightly taller than him, Jay did have more muscle mass than he does.

"They fit alright." Jay said. I can't believe I'm wearing his underwear as well. Oh well, he was the one that insisted on them. Jay thought. Even though he didn't find the boxer-briefs very comfortable.